News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

It was a very good first effort by a bunch of kids, but I rarely spin it these days.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 02:13:38 PM
Yes, I'm the one advocating non violent events and proper education to counter nazi propaganda.  Much more useful.  You should try it.

I was not aware any of us were pro-vigilante violence and against education.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2017, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Don't be silly you too, that has nothing to do.  We're talking violence here.  Attacking people in the streets.  Trying to murder suspected or actual neo nazis.  Deciding for yourself what kind of justice is the right one.

You mean, like knifing a guy who has the wrong haircut?  I'm guessing the Languish SJW crew were okay with that.  The attacker had the best of intentions-- punch a Nazi, stab a guy who maybe sorta vaguely looks like a Nazi, etc.

Just tell me how many times I have to say I am against violence before this ridiculous strawman bullshit ends. Fuck you man. I have always given you the benefit of the doubt and you are too much of a douchebag to even name names. Hiding behind that bullshit 'SJW crew' garbage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2017, 04:01:51 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Don't be silly you too, that has nothing to do.  We're talking violence here.  Attacking people in the streets.  Trying to murder suspected or actual neo nazis.  Deciding for yourself what kind of justice is the right one.

You mean, like knifing a guy who has the wrong haircut?  I'm guessing the Languish SJW crew were okay with that.  The attacker had the best of intentions-- punch a Nazi, stab a guy who maybe sorta vaguely looks like a Nazi, etc.

Pop quiz, derneighborhoodwatch:
Suspect is wearing khakis but holding Skittles:  Shoot/No Shoot?

Too confusing the OODA loop keeps looping.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

The Minsky Moment

I always figured Quebec as this nice place with beautiful scenery, swank ski resorts, and a good restaurant scene.
Little did I realize its a horrific violent dystopia, with rampaging mobs of unchecked Communist hordes sacking cities, intimidating decent folk and assaulting stroller-bound infants in the street.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2017, 04:39:24 PM

Double Jeopardy followup, where the scores can really change:
Suspect is wearing a hoodie--but the light from the Tiki torch affects your vision, so you can't tell if that is a white polo underneath: Shoot/No Shoot?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2017, 04:44:43 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 28, 2017, 04:39:24 PM

Double Jeopardy followup, where the scores can really change:
Suspect is wearing a hoodie--but the light from the Tiki torch affects your vision, so you can't tell if that is a white polo underneath: Shoot/No Shoot?

Easy. Tiki torch=White Cracker/Neo-Nazi.

Shoot

OODA loop complete.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Oh, you mean the guy who admitted making it up entirely? Seems a bit rich for blaming antifa or leftists for that.

In any case, no I am in fact not in favour of making up fake attacks by anyone. Of course, I don't expect the updated story will get much traction in your media-sphere.

QuoteMan Who Claimed He Was Stabbed After Being Mistaken For A Neo-Nazi Was Lying

A man who claimed that he was stabbed after being mistaken for a neo-Nazi now admits that he made the whole story up after accidentally stabbing himself.

Joshua Witt, 26, told police two weeks ago that he was getting out of his car in the parking lot of a Steak 'n Shake in Sheridan, Colorado, when a man came over to him and attacked him with a knife.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nidhiprakash/this-man-says-he-was-mistaken-for-a-neo-nazi-and-stabbed?utm_term=.wrdQ46Kv2#.yv72E8ZW1

11B4V

dps

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2017, 04:36:17 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 02:13:38 PM
Yes, I'm the one advocating non violent events and proper education to counter nazi propaganda.  Much more useful.  You should try it.

I'll say to you basically what I said to Timmay--read some of the shit people have posted.  There are definitely some people who have posted in favor of vigilante violence.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on August 28, 2017, 05:29:22 PM
I'll say to you basically what I said to Timmay--read some of the shit people have posted.  There are definitely some people who have posted in favor of vigilante violence.

In these sorts of discussions - especially since it's a contentious subject - it's IMO best to be precise in what you attribute to other people.

For my part, I have said that I think it is a positive to physically confront neo-Nazis in particular, and white supremacists groups who use the threat of violence in their behaviour (so the KKK, racist skinheads, et. al.). I do not think that there should be made any legal allowances for this, but I think it is moral behaviour nonetheless.

To the degree that you can characterize that as favouring vigilantism (and you can, fair enough), I do. But I do not subscribe to any of the many other wild accusations and slippery slope constructions - attacking people who "look like Nazis", using those kind of confrontational tactics against any other kind of political opponents etc.

I'm happy to discuss this in a constructive fashion, but I'll ignore the wild-eyed insanity of viper and the usual languish forum snide remarks and trolling (mostly, at least).

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2017, 04:36:17 PM
Raz and Jacob are certainly pro-vigilente.  Education, I don't know, we never discussed it here.

Usually, when the extreme right and the extreme left agree on something, it's bad for everyone else in the center.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Oexmelin

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 02:03:46 PM
People like Jacob, Oex and Justin Trudeau are only adding fuel to the fire.  The extreme left is the ennemy, without their silly attitude, there would be no ground for the extreme right to prosper on. 

:lmfao:

POWER OVERWHELMING
Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 28, 2017, 04:40:15 PM
I always figured Quebec as this nice place with beautiful scenery, swank ski resorts, and a good restaurant scene.
Little did I realize its a horrific violent dystopia, with rampaging mobs of unchecked Communist hordes sacking cities, intimidating decent folk and assaulting stroller-bound infants in the street.
Since you speak French, enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTZOfU_tIyg
https://www.facebook.com/99media.org/videos/1459794050735150/

It really depends on what is your goal.

If you want facism to thrive, and lump together white supremacists with reasonable questions on immigration (quotas, resources allocated to integration, wich refugees should get in first, how fast should they arrive here, etc), then the actions of the antifa are really the way to go.  Call people "nazis" and "racists", like Jacob&co, everytime they question the official multicultarilism doctrine, and you get what we have here: a lot of people join a questionable movement because they look like the nice guys.  And maybe they are.  Or maybe they are a bunch of white supremacists in disguise.  It's hard to tell with so much secrecy.  I refused to join the movement because everything was so secret and it seems like racism, while not promoted, is certainly welcome.

And I will always refuse to wear a mask to protest against something, and carry weapons of any kinds during a protest in a democracy to "show my strenght", so that I can intimidate others.  And anyone who pretends to speak in my name and acts like this will get a smack behind the head, figuratively or in reality depending on how close I am to them.

The problem with the left is they will always tolerate this kind of behavior.  There is always a good justification to act with violence.

In my opinion, so long as a group does not advocate violence, does not perform any act of violence and does not incite to any hatred against any group, they should have the right to speak wether I agree with them or not.

I realize in the US hate speech is protected by the Constitution, so that last part may have to be adapted to your particular situation.
I think the KKK chanting "the Jews will not replace us" looked like moron.  And I do believe these guys should be closely watched and smacked down everytime they commit violent actions or threaten violence on anyone.

Now, people protesting peacefully and in silence against a wave of irregular immigration, they are not a threat yet.  If you oppose the message, the best strategy would be to rally cultural communities in Quebec city the day before and organize some kind of fest.  Or rally with your friends and bring supplies to a refugee camp and film the whole thing, talk to the people there, get their story heard, let them explain why they are here.

If I go and chant "Jews will not replace me" like a moron, and you come at me with Malthus to beat me up and threaten my baby, do you think it will diminish my resolve to be a racist moron forever?  I know for sure being threatened by union thugs multiple times did not diminish my resolve to fight against the injustice we suffer.  Seeing friends hurt and police and political passivity in front of these acts did not dether me.  It's long hard, uphill battle, but one day, we will win.  There are people willing to listen, but if our group starts using violence to pass our message, we're no better than the violent union thugs we fight.

If the leftist had brains, that's the way to would act.  They would denounce violence instead of cheering it.  They would organize their counter protest in another place, in another time than those with differing views. They would try to convince people with the strenght of their arguments instead of the strenght of their fists.  I am a firm believer in democracy.  And freedom of speech.  People who are against the Government giving wellfare checks to refugees have legitimate questions that should be heard and answered, not shouted down "OMG!!! YOU RACIST!!!".
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.