Puerto Rico Enacts Tennessee Plan; Sends Reps to Congress, Demands Statehood

Started by jimmy olsen, July 18, 2017, 12:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Why would West Virginia want to be saddled with those East Coast elites?  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2017, 09:36:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2017, 08:51:16 AM
Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota

Happy now?  :P

I originally was only going to look at Connecticut as that's one that American's get wrong given the 2nd c isn't spoken but then noticed the others. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

California is two states, probably Texas as well (maybe merge Oklahoma into North Texas).

Pacific Northwest is one state.

Dakotas plus Montana and most of Idaho? Needs a significant metro area though...

New England.

NYC is a state all by itself.

Arizona/New Mexico/Southern Nevada (Las Vegas).

Middle Eastern Seaboard.

De-centralize DC, and move large chunks of the federal bureaucracy out of it. No reason at all to have it all concentrated in one place anymore.

Florida stands alone.

South could be consolidated into maybe 4 states.

IDeally, we would want each "state" to have one major metro area, and no state should be no more than twice the population of the smallest state, with most being within a few million people of the median.

Don't worry about geographic size, that should not be important.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Without any consideration for natural resources and land wouldn't you disadvantage some states? Like the NYC state that would have no room for significant population growth and would need to import all life staples from other states.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
Without any consideration for natural resources and land wouldn't you disadvantage some states? Like the NYC state that would have no room for significant population growth and would need to import all life staples from other states.

:D
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Thanks Spicey for turning this into Conference Realignment: State Edition.

Anyway do they have much chance for success. Maybe they could attach it as a rider to the Obama Repeal Bill to make some Democrats vote for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

You're trying to budget billions to keep poor Latinos out of your country and now you're going to let a whole island in? see, this is why you're losing your world power status :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 18, 2017, 02:04:20 PM
Thanks Spicey for turning this into Conference Realignment: State Edition.

It is a little different. In college football, everyone wants to be Alabama. Outside of college football, not as much.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014