Mouse Implanted with 3D Printed Ovary Gives Birth to Healthy Babies

Started by jimmy olsen, May 18, 2017, 11:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Neat! :nerd:

https://3dprint.com/174583/mouse-3d-printed-ovary/

QuoteMouse Implanted with 3D Printed Ovary Gives Birth to Healthy Babies
by Clare Scott | May 16, 2017 | 3D Printing, Medical 3D Printing |

Infertility can be a heartbreaking condition for people who desperately want children, but there's hope. A team of researchers from Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine and McCormick School of Engineering today published a study documenting their research into 3D printed prosthetic ovaries. The team was led by Teresa Woodruff, reproductive scientist and director of the Women's Health Research Institute at Feinberg, and Ramille Shah, assistant professor of materials science and engineering at McCormick and of surgery at Feinberg. Shah has been involved with several other bioprinting breakthroughs, including a recent study on 3D printed hyperelastic bone. "Breakthrough" is the only way to describe this most recent study, as the team not only 3D printed ovaries, but implanted one of them in a mouse that then gave birth to healthy babies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point