News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

eRepublik

Started by Grallon, July 08, 2009, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Described as the "First Massive Online Social Strategy Game" - this free online game has been endorsed by the New-York Times and the Guardian no less.  I created an account for shit & giggles.

You can find the details here: http://www.erepublik.com/en

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Before I sign up I need you to tell me more about it. Is it just some variation on Nation States?
PDH!

Grallon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 08, 2009, 02:45:29 PM
Before I sign up I need you to tell me more about it. Is it just some variation on Nation States?

I have logged in only once, gotten a job for Alberta Foods of al places and got my first paycheck (daily).  They describe it as a social networking/strategic game...  A Twitter/Facebook variant I guess. 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Liep

I will not sign up for anything in which Hungary is the 2nd biggest country.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sophie Scholl

I am Peter Vasic in Belgrade, Serbia.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

PRC

Alcibiades

Used the name ' Vonlutt '.   We'll see how this works...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sophie Scholl

Hehe, I think I should have done a bit more research before signing up for Serbia.  All of the news is in Serbian, no English at all that I've come across so far.  Hooray for Google Language Tools!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

I am BarristerBoy, a citizen of Israel.  :Joos

Eh, I dunno...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Every single Israeli political party is described as some form of libertarian. :lol:

Tonitrus

This world needs a Sulla.

Barrister

So I've logged in 4 days in a row.

I'm not quite sure what the hell there is to do in this game besides go to work once every day.  :huh:

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2009, 05:31:37 PM
So I've logged in 4 days in a row.

I'm not quite sure what the hell there is to do in this game besides go to work once every day.  :huh:

Indeed - I forgot to log in today...  I think it's more to do with socializing and the game mechanics are accessory.  Anyhow not my best suggestion.  :P

G.

~Jean-François Revel