Still Mooing
0 (0%)
Charcoal-y
0 (0%)
Don't eat/like steaks
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

The Larch

So, in light of recent events regarding the POTUS' eating habits and the debate in the Trump government thread, here's the proper way to gauge Languish's opinion.

For reference:

The Larch

So, who voted Well Done? Tamas? Ed?  :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on February 28, 2017, 02:03:22 PM

I did. I'm sure the assburgers will lecture me from their semen stained keyboards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

I did. I'm sure the assburgers will lecture me from their semen stained keyboards.

Hey I am using my work computer!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gups

Usually med-rare but sometimes rare - depends on the cut.

HVC

you'd probably be less angry if you had your steak medium rare.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

I think I actually prefer my steak a true medium, but if the kitchen screws it up I'd rather they go under than over, so I usually order medium-rare.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

I have posted this before, and CdM was highly critical of the opinion, which is unfortunate because it is so correct. :(

The answer depends on the cut of meat. For example, I think a new york strip is best medium rare, a filet medium rare to medium, and a sirloin medium well.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

Quote from: Gups on February 28, 2017, 02:13:44 PM

One of my concerns with ordering less than medium rare is that it tends to get cold rather fast, as it has been for such a short time in the grill. I guess that smaller cuts are the better suited to be ordered rare, right?

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on February 28, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
One of my concerns with ordering less than medium rare is that it tends to get cold rather fast, as it has been for such a short time in the grill.

:yes:

I feel like I'd need to gobble it down.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

You could also cook it like DG does:  Poorly done.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

I know there are better steakhouses out there than the Keg, but their baseball sirloin, medium rare is to die for.

merithyn

Quote from: Gups on February 28, 2017, 02:13:44 PM

This.

And fuck you guys about how well-done is a woman's steak. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

I had never heard of this bizarre gender stereotype but I am sheltered virtually all the racist and bigoted stereotypes and terms I know I learned here. Thanks guys!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 02:13:17 PM

Hey I am using my work computer!

:x :x :x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.