Nun receives death threats for suggesting Mary was not a virgin

Started by garbon, February 02, 2017, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on February 02, 2017, 07:17:41 PM
Never thought I would see LucĂ­a Caram being the subject of a Languish thread.

She's an attention-seeker that gets trotted out in several tv shows to get soundbites like that from her, which she willingly serves up. She riles up Catholic establishment all the time which always gives you enough notoriety to get these TV appearances rolling. Death threats probably made up, since it's like the 2243th time she claims to have received them.

Alternately she has a number of regular haters who send her the same lame death threats every time she says something new.

PDH

Quote from: Jacob on February 03, 2017, 09:52:16 PM

Alternately she has a number of regular haters who send her the same lame death threats every time she says something new.

I'll do you in for saying that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Phillip V

People just need to accept the "ever virgin Mary" proclamation of the Second Council of Constantinople convoked by Emperor Justinian I in 553 and move on.  Jesus Christ.

grumbler

Quote from: Phillip V on February 04, 2017, 11:59:50 AM
People who give a shit about these kinds of thing just need to accept the "ever virgin Mary" proclamation of the Second Council of Constantinople convoked by Emperor Justinian I in 553 and move on or not, as they please.  Jesus Christ.

FTFY
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!