And we're back!

Main Menu

So...Net Neutrality

Started by Valmy, January 30, 2017, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2017, 10:25:57 PM
Quote from: dps on February 06, 2017, 10:10:35 PM
While I think Seedy is wrong and customers won't see big price increases, I'm not convinced that Seedy's wrong, either.  I don't really want to take the chance.

See, this is why, 2 years from now, I will take this exact fucking post and wear. Your. Ass. Out. 

Fucking dumbasses could have WE WILL MAKE MOAR MONEY AT YOUR EXPENSE stapled to your fucking foreheads by the cable companies, and you'd still gaze at your fucking navel, and wonder if they really mean it.   

The fuck country do you think you live in, man?  Have you not been following the cable industry the last 10 years?  Jesus tittyfucking Christ.  Adrift in an ocean of Assburgers.

Well they could just add net neutrality back in

grumbler

I think we should try out LaCrock's idea:  if something cannot be demonstrated to be in the consumer's favor, get rid of it.  Patents would be the first to go, followed by copyright.  The consumer could afford to pay more for internet if the price of prescription drugs goes down by 90%.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on February 06, 2017, 10:27:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2017, 10:25:57 PM
Quote from: dps on February 06, 2017, 10:10:35 PM
While I think Seedy is wrong and customers won't see big price increases, I'm not convinced that Seedy's wrong, either.  I don't really want to take the chance.

See, this is why, 2 years from now, I will take this exact fucking post and wear. Your. Ass. Out. 

Fucking dumbasses could have WE WILL MAKE MOAR MONEY AT YOUR EXPENSE stapled to your fucking foreheads by the cable companies, and you'd still gaze at your fucking navel, and wonder if they really mean it.   

The fuck country do you think you live in, man?  Have you not been following the cable industry the last 10 years?  Jesus tittyfucking Christ.  Adrift in an ocean of Assburgers.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on February 06, 2017, 10:27:14 PM

Now you're just trying to induce an aneurysm.

LaCroix

obama put it in and out like three times, but I guess if he does it it's ok

Zanza

Never got the argument "Obama did it too". I thought the Trump voters saw Obama as the worst president in recent times. Why emulate him then?

LaCroix

as the saying goes, a broken clock can be right every now and then

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on February 07, 2017, 12:56:58 AM
Never got the argument "Obama did it too". I thought the Trump voters saw Obama as the worst president in recent times. Why emulate him then?

Because, of course, it is really just a rhetorical maneuver to attack people who disagree with Trump's policies. There's no thinking put into the way in which it puts Trump's actions on the same level and thus no cognitive dissonance on those making the argument between disliking when Obama did something 'similar' and what Trump has done.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

lol yes because when trump does it it's bad right i forgot

Grey Fox

Obama did not take out Net Neutrality at any point.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

LaCroix

yeah, looked it up and it was bush. misremembered. so, it's been done before

The Minsky Moment

Obama admin always favored NN.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

You can almost see, post by post, LaCroix becoming as intellectually dishonest as his hero.  He's still got a ways to go, as he acknowledges it about 10% of the time when his lies are shown to be lies, but I'm sure he's working to eliminate that last bit of impulse towards honesty.   :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Maybe we should consider that Lacroix IS Trump?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.