Maybe Toshiba should stick to TVs and cassette decks

Started by CountDeMoney, January 10, 2017, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2017, 08:14:24 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2017, 07:58:17 AM
A dark society would have been better?

Not necessarily dark. I just read an interview with William Gibson, where he says that Japan is one of the best places for future nostalgia, as its innovative spirit in the 80s and 90s promised a myriad ambitious futures. He laments that this society wide spirit of "thinking big" (according to him also present in the American 50s) has largely disappeared disappeared. People were curious what life in the 21st century would be like. Who's asking what life in the 22nd will be like? (Though personally I think that had a lot to do with the year 2000 milestone having a bigger radiance than 2100.)

It was just those photos looked quite grim (well actually of them :D).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.