News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 04, 2017, 01:45:09 PM
I've done all I can. I welcome our new British overlords.

What, exactly, have you done?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

The British found the Afghan Bank of Kandahar as part of their program of economic domination of the area.

1. Play Bank. Gain 2 rupees from Leveraged Impact. British roads to Kandahar-Herat and Kandahar-Kabul.
2. (free) Travel, 1 spy to Bolan Pass.
3. Purchase Anarkali Bazaar, gain 2 rupees from it.

Discard Arthur Connolly due to being over Tableau Size limit.

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on March 04, 2017, 01:34:34 PM
Might I recommend my Afghan, er, friends and the losing British player (that'd be you, Cel), do something to forestall the win?

You forced me to turn my coat with your military exploits, abd and I am gonna stay British while there's 552555 red cubes surrounding my power base :p

I am up, I suppose?

Solmyr

celedhring

The mighty Orange Coconut confederation dares not raise the sword against the mighty British 
armies while the red coats are stationed in its vulnerable capital. But might some subterfuge be able to divert them away?

1. Purchase Nuristane Terrace Farms from the market, taking 1 rupee, and paying one
2. Play Nuristane Terrace Farms, putting a Kabul-Transcaspian road and a Kabul-Herat one. Since the British side is out of cylinders, I take those from the Kabul and Punjab armies.
Free (Intelligence War). I move (McNaghten card) the spy in Dost Muhammad to Royal Guard. I trigger counterspionage (Charles Masson card) to eliminate the purple spy there - no risks taken since that spy is way too close to my turf and Berkie can assassinate. 

To the savages: British army power is down to two. Judicious usage of the Akhali Sikhs and the Arsenic mine can lead to a failed topple.

celedhring

Did Berkut pay me for the second Kabul card he has on his tableau? I should play more attention...  :hmm:

Berkut

Yes, I can see why I would be totally incented to cause a failed topple since you just spent your turn screwing me.

0 rows returned

Berkut

(Free) Travel with Khan
Send cube from Mirza to Royal Guard
(Free) Counter-Espionage
Kill cels cube
Buy and play Akali Sikhs to Punjab
Two Afghan Armies to Punjab

0 rows returned

Tamas

So if I understand this whole thing correctly, thanks to Orange (who is Celed, right?), who just can't be bothered to not side with British imperialists, Britain would achieve Supremacy in an Intelligence Topple, since Orange and Yellow (Solmyr, right?) has more spies than rest of us combined.

However, if I flip the Regime to Military Struggle, then nobody has Supremacy, for the time being anyways, and it gives Habbaku the chance to go Cossack on all those British roads, right?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ok so, accordingly, I have made a meaningless move for myself by buying and playing the Bakh Arsenic Mine card. We are now in Military Struggle.

Habbaku

You also inexplicably placed the road built by the mine adjacent to Kandahar instead of Kabul.

What connection do you really want to place the road on?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Damn, you just handed the game to Habbaku. Well done.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Berkut, I would like to buy Count Ivan Simonitch and play him to keep counterbalancing the bickering tides of Afghans and British, but his location is in Persia.  Would you be willing to consent to another freebie so that I can prevent the British spy network from running away with it?

-J. R. R. Tolkien