News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

All this bickering among the savages clearly shows that it is the White Man's duty to civilize them! :bowler:

celedhring

I know I know. Need to finish some work stuff and I'll be posting the turn.

celedhring

Sorry guys, these past two days have been HELL.

Turn forthcoming.

celedhring

Seeking to improve its political - and financial - standing, the tribal Confederation of the Orange Coconut courts the services of Fath-Ali-Shah, obtaining money from gifts from its more savage Afghan counterparts.

1. Trigger Tax ability on Dost Muhammad, get 3 coins off the purple player (sorry Berkut, you are the only one with a Kabul card)
2. Purchase Fath Ali Shah from the market, paying 3 coins to the market.

Berkut

1) Buy Abas Mirza for zero
2) Play Abas Mirza
Shift to Intel War
(Free) Use Counter-Intel on Royal Guard to kill Tamas spy
(Free) Use Travel on Jan to move 1 spy to Mirza, and 1 to Royal Guard.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

1) Buy William Moorcroft for 1, take 1 rupee off card
2) Play Willam Moorcroft
free: Travel with Bandits: Wheat Field -> Tajik Warband. Bandits->Mir Murat Beg
free: Assassinate (William Moorcroft) Tajik Warband for 2 rupees

Solmyr

You people need to stop giving Habbaku free money.

Habbaku

I wish it were free money.  Nothing coming my way this turn, unless the Afghans don't give in to my diplomacy:

Berkut: Are you willing to let me buy and place Russo-Persian Trade at no charge?  I am not going to risk winning as the British this time as I don't have the advantages that Solmyr does and it'd be a money-race for Gifts that I don't believe I can win.  I'd like to switch to Russia.  Naturally, this will start counter-balancing the advantage that the British have on the board, making it possible for the Afghans to actually win.

If you won't consent to that...I'll make the same offer to Tamas, only for buying/placing Trans-Caspian Railway.

If neither of you agree, I'll have to take my chances as a British player...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I should note the implicit understanding here is that neither of you whack my cards for a while--playing as the only player loyal to an Empire is hard enough without having to worry about spies wrecking me.  If you start whacking my cards, I'll likely have no choice but to switch again and starting Gifting with the winning side...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Seeing the way the winds are blowing, the White Camel Tribe throws its lot in with the Russian Empire, who eagerly infuses the local economy with much-needed liquidity.

Action 1: Purchase Russo-Persian Trade for 3.
Action 2: Play Russo-Persian Trade.  Gain 2 rupees due to Leverage.  Place Russian roads Persia-Herat and Herat-Kandahar.

Over to Sol.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

On market refresh, the first Topple came up, so I'll give a rundown:

British: Solmyr (3 influence), Celedhring (1 influence).
Afghan: Berkut (2 influence), Tamas (1 influence).
Russian: Habbaku (1 influence).

Political Fragmentation (Tribes): 4 Afghan, 1 Russian, 2 British tribes.  Afghan Supremacy.
Intelligence War (Spies): 5 British, 3 Afghan.  British Supremacy.
Economic Boom (Roads): 4 British, 2 Russian. British Supremacy.
Military Struggle (Armies): 4 British.  British Supremacy.

Sol is well-positioned here, of course, considering his significant influence.  Fortunately, he's broke and cannot afford the Topple any time soon--but he's not that broke.

Might I recommend my Afghan, er, friends and the losing British player (that'd be you, Cel), do something to forestall the win?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I've done all I can. I welcome our new British overlords.

0 rows returned