News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Roads are destroyed the same way armies are.  However, if there are no enemy armies in the location being attacked (Herat, Punjab, etc.), then adjacent roads may be targeted as casualties instead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Are you sure the uploaded save has the proper roads, Habs? I don't see anything on the Transcaspian-Kabul connection space. Maybe I'm missing something?  :unsure:

Habbaku

I made a file and thought I uploaded the new one, but I suppose it's possible that it didn't work.

Regardless, the only thing wrong in the initial one I put up was the lack of placing those two roads.  If you place those before doing your turn, you should be good to go ahead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

The Emirate aims to modernize its infrastructure in order to compete with the Western nations vying for dominance, although it has been forced to scramble for funds in order to start its ambitious modernization projects

1) Purchase "Market", paying 0 and taking the 2 rupees on it
2) Purchase "Bank", paying 3 and taking the 1 rupee on it

Since I'm over my card limit, I discard "Market".

Habbaku

Celedhring, you may never voluntarily go over your hand size.  If you have a full hand before purchasing something, you simply cannot buy a card from the market.

Note that this differs from a purge of tableau at the end of your turn--you may go over temporarily in that case.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Ok! Sorry about the mistake.

The Emirate has finished mapping the Transcaspian area, hoping that it will help modernize the realm's infrastructure, a necessity if the scattered tribes ever wish to measure up to the Western nations vying for dominance.

1) Play Imperial Surveyors, put one spy on them and pay 1 rupee to the white player.
2) Purchase market for free, grab the 2 rupees on it.

Tamas

Jan-Fishan Khan's meddlings in Kabul make tensions boil over into Military Struggle again. One alleged British casualty, a one Charles Masson has dissappeared and presumed death, but may resurface again...

1) Play Jan-Fishan Khan from my hand. Regime changes to Military Struggle
2) Get Charles Masson from the market to my hand for free

File uploaded

Berkut

Alarmed by the global militarism in the countryside, a consortium of merchants, using some rather clandestine methods, quickly buy off the warring tribes with the promise of ill begotten wealth, ushering a quick return to the days of back room deals and knives in the dark...

1. Buy Bank from the Market for 1, taking 1 gold from the card.
2. Play Bank, regime changes back to Intel War
3. Play Bandits-Move2 for free
     A> Move Spy from Fath-Ali-Shah to Allah Quli Bahadur
     B> Move Spy from Bandits to Farahani
4. Play Moorcroft-Counter-Espionage1 for free, kill spy on Bahadur
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Market costs are doubled during Military Struggle, so Bank costs you 2, not 1.
In addition, when you play Bank from your hand, you forgot to trigger the Leveraged effect of it--it's a 2-star card, so you gain 2 Rupees from outside the game.
Lastly, you didn't actually write where you placed the Bank's road-placements, but the file shows it's Kandahar-Herat and Kandahar-Punjab.

Net effect is that before Solmyr takes his turn, he needs to place 2 Rupees--one in Berkut's personal pile, and another on top of the "Farah Road" card in the market.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

In that case, you will lose Russian favor since we will both be tied even on tie-breakers...

I updated a new file with those changes. Thanks for catching that Habs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

The Russian ambassador to Persia, Alexander Griboyedov, manages to receive an audience with Fath-Ali Shah. The eloquence of the playwright has a profound effect on the Shah, and Persian policy begins realignment towards Russia in light of the current political climate in the region. On the orders of prime minister Ghaem Magham Farahani, the British explorer William Moorcroft is seized near Kandahar and beheaded.

1. Play Alexander Griboyedov. Place 2 spies on the card. My loyalty changes to Russian.
2. Purchase Farah Road for 0, gain 2 rupees from the card.
3. (free) Use Alexander Griboyedov to Travel 1 spy 2 spaces from him to William Moorcroft, placing on the Russian card edge.
4. (free) Use Ghaem Magham Farahani to Assassinate William Moorcroft, paying 2 rupees. Gain card as Loyalty Prize.

Tamas

celedhring

The next topple that shows up will end the game, if this doesn't change.

Habbaku

Three people are going to end up looking like suckers...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

With the safety and security of the Russian army protecting moneyed interests in the capital, speculators and money lenders begin to work their trade, adding much-needed liquidity to the Afghan economy.

Action 1: Buy Money Lenders for 1.
Action 2: Play Money Lenders.  Gain 2 Rupees from Leveraged impact.  Place Russian roads Kabul-Punjab and Kabul-Herat (moving one of the roads from Transcaspia-Persia).  Regain Russian Favor due to having more Rupees than the others.

-J. R. R. Tolkien