News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What a truly shitty year

Started by Berkut, December 27, 2016, 01:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Still a couple more days, lets jam some more shittiness in universe.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Fox has a (not quite) up to date list of celebrity deaths - some I had almost forgotten. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/25/george-michael-joins-2016s-long-roll-call-famous-deaths.html

Privately, it was a pretty good year, but at the same time it feels like the world is slipping into madness.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2016, 01:24:31 PM
Privately, it was a pretty good year, but at the same time it feels like the world is slipping into madness.

Same, privately it's been really good but overall what a shit year. Deaths of music greats, Syria, Trump, Portugal winning Euro.
And I can't help but feel 2017 will be worse.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Agelastus

Jesus, I'd forgotten just how many familiar faces we'd already lost this year, even without the last couple of deaths.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I can't help but think they this is a good year to cash out, the next few years are going to be rather brutal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2016, 02:23:16 PM
I can't help but think they this is a good year to cash out, the next few years are going to be rather brutal.

Cash out and buy guns!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on December 27, 2016, 01:54:07 PM

Same, privately it's been really good but overall what a shit year. Deaths of music greats, Syria, Trump, Portugal winning Euro.

A bad year for the butt hurt, for sure.
:lmfao:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 27, 2016, 04:03:18 PM

A bad year for the butt hut, for sure.

What do they sell at the butt hut? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Celebrity deaths notwithstanding, I'm afraid 2016 is just setting up the stage for even suckier future years.

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 27, 2016, 04:05:45 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 27, 2016, 04:03:18 PM

A bad year for the butt hut, for sure.

What do they sell at the butt hut? :unsure:

Duke sometimes gets so excited with schadenfreude that he misspells a few words. It's likely supposed to be butt hurt.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk