2016 - The Year That Keeps On Giving - Your Predictions.

Started by mongers, November 14, 2016, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Just a reminder 2016 still has nearly 7 weeks to grind out, so what are your prediction for sad, surprising, mad or positively good things that could occur in these remaining 47 days.

Be it political, economic, military, natural or personal events, please have stab, though hopefully not literally so.

And as we've collectively shown ourselves so good at predicting events, what could possibly go wrong?

Personally I'm hoping no more music legends die or for that matter there are any political assassinations.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: mongers on November 14, 2016, 07:27:27 PM
Just a reminder 2016 still has nearly 7 weeks to grind out, so what are your prediction for sad, surprising, mad or positively good things that could occur in these remaining 47 days.

Be it political, economic, military, natural or personal events, please have stab, though hopefully not literally so.

And as we've collectively shown ourselves so good at predicting events, what could possibly go wrong?

Personally I'm hoping no more music legends die or for that matter there are any political assassinations.
there's going to be a terrorist attack in the US and Russia is going to announce some kind of new partnership with Poland that will erode their sovereignty.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grinning_Colossus

A major terrorist attack in France or Germany.

Democrats lose the Louisiana Senate runoff.

Peshmerga takes Mosul, SDF takes Raqqa.

A nation in the former USSR announces a realignment toward Russia.

At least two of the Big 3 Trump kids are promised jobs in the White House or an executive agency.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on November 14, 2016, 08:25:56 PM
A nation in the former USSR announces a realignment toward Russia.

Didn't I just see that Russian-aligned parties won big in Moldova's election?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

MadImmortalMan

I watched Jon Oliver's tribute to 2016 and couldn't agree more.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

Trump dumps Bannon. Signals his dissing of the alt-right mouth breather support in him not keeping his campaign promises to them in 2017.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Trump does a run in at the next WWE pay per view, gives Vince McMahon a spinebuster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2016, 10:44:20 PM
Trump does a run in at the next WWE pay per view, gives Vince McMahon a spinebuster.

Seen an article that he's considering McMahon's wife as commerce secretary or some shit. So you not too far off.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Commerce is a do nothing job.  You could stick Bonzo there.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive