News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Siege hasn't been here in a while, he could have transferred to the Navy without telling us.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

The sun rises again, Trump takes credit

He reminds me of an Aztec priests.

"This is both a substantial price reduction and an expected one. [Joint Program Manager] Bogdan talked about these kind of broad expectations last year," said Mackenzie Eaglen, a military analyst at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think-tank.

Eaglen said the president's intervention probably sped the negotiation toward a conclusion, but said the cost-reductions were already part of the plan.

"The company is going to let him think that this was due to his intervention. ... They have no reason not to do that," Eaglen said. "But I have a feeling the uncertainty he injected spurred a deal much more quickly."

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 03, 2017, 03:13:34 PM
Siege hasn't been here in a while, he could have transferred to the Navy without telling us.
It's a possibility.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 03, 2017, 12:02:03 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2017, 11:56:21 AM
Busy day.

When someone said Melania was not in Washington, they weren't fucking kidding.  She has not been in DC since the Sunday after Inauguration.

He has nothing to do but watch TV, fume and seethe.

I think she's quietly opting out of being First Lady, I mean it was Ivanka that went with him for his only big ceremonial duty so far--receiving that Navy SEAL's casket. Melania didn't sign up for this.

viper37

Legal immigrants to be deported if too poor

This week, The Washington Post has received drafts of two additional executive orders that the president is reportedly considering signing. Among other things, they call for the deportation of poor legal immigrants who take any government welfare, an extraordinarily broad group that could include middle-income families who get tax credits for their young children. They would also make it much harder for low-income immigrants to move to the United States.

I remember being mocked when I said Trump's proposals would results in a witch hunt were legal immigrants would also be deported.

Valmy

Kick those damn legals out :P

I mean come on. This seems bit hard to believe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 03, 2017, 02:07:53 PMMisses the point.  The employer is the corporation,  not the Greens.  His concurrence isn't about the rights of the employer.  It's about the standing of the shareholder to invoke those supposed rights.  And that's what makes it bonkers.

I think you've made a good argument and good points--about why Gorsuch and the 10th Circuit, and later the Supreme Court, perhaps should've ruled differently. But that's not the same as demonstrating Gorsuch's decision to be bonkers. I mean it wasn't that out of line with what the Supreme Court ultimately decided, and he had concurrence on his concurrence at the 10th Circuit as well. It's hard for me to buy into him being far out in the field unless a concerning chunk of the high federal judiciary is as well.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2017, 04:08:40 PM

An alleged EO that he is reportedly considering signing; evidence doesn't get much more concrete than that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Draft on immigration restrictions focusing on protecting US jobs

QuoteThe administration would be seeking to "deny admission to any alien who is likely to become a public charge" and to develop standards for "determining whether an alien is deportable . . . for having become a public charge within five years of entry" — receiving a certain amount of public assistance, including food stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Medicaid.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on February 03, 2017, 04:14:13 PM

An alleged EO that he is reportedly considering signing; evidence doesn't get much more concrete than that.

I see you're stuck in the past--we live in a post-factual era of alternative facts.