Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 11, 2017, 09:00:08 AM
apparently RFK is not chairing a presidential commission  :lol:

Well that's a good thing at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Corpses tend to be bad at running things.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2017, 11:58:54 AM
Trump seems a bit down.  Perhaps we should send him flowers.  Some sort of Russian plant.

:lol:

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
Show of hands-- who posted this fake news on Facebook?  And didn't Zuckerberg say he was gonna protect us against this stuff?

Oh, I totally did. What I actually posted was, "I don't care how fake this is. I'm really going to enjoy watching that ass have to swim his way out of it regardless. He's done this shit to others, so now it'll be fun to watch him deal with things in the post-fact world that he created."

:)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

So, that lawyer that did all the talking at the press conference? This is her firm:

http://www.chambersandpartners.com/chambers-europe-awards-2016

Russia Law Firm of the Year
Baker & McKenzie
Baker Botts LLP
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
Goltsblat BLP
Herbert Smith Freehills
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP

Winner: Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP

This active Moscow office of an American firm offers top-level advice in regards to the energy sector and also houses very strong banking and M&A teams. Its in-depth sectoral expertise also includes TMT and private equity. Among recent highlights, the firm advised CTC Media on the sale of its Russian operating business to Russian investors. Another significant instruction was representing Russia-Chinа Investment Fund in its 9.75 billion RUB acquisition of a minority stake in Detsky Mir from Sistema Group.

LaCroix

isn't it wrong to do the same things the republicans are criticized for doing?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
Show of hands-- who posted this fake news on Facebook?  And didn't Zuckerberg say he was gonna protect us against this stuff?

It's unverified.  You know, like the wikileaks stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on January 11, 2017, 01:31:35 PM
So, that lawyer that did all the talking at the press conference? This is her firm:

Baker & McKenzie
Baker Botts LLP
Goltsblat BLP
Herbert Smith Freehills

This active Moscow office of an American firm offers top-level advice in regards to the energy sector and also houses very strong banking and M&A teams. Its in-depth sectoral expertise also includes TMT and private equity. Among recent highlights, the firm advised CTC Media on the sale of its Russian operating business to Russian investors. Another significant instruction was representing Russia-Chinа Investment Fund in its 9.75 billion RUB acquisition of a minority stake in Detsky Mir from Sistema Group.

many international law firms have branches in russia. I don't understand your point with this one

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on January 11, 2017, 01:32:36 PM

No.

merithyn

Quote from: LaCroix on January 11, 2017, 01:32:36 PM

I've done the high road thing. It got me Trump. Now I'm going to laugh my ass off whenever something like this happens and I get to watch him frothing at the mouth over it.

merithyn

Quote from: LaCroix on January 11, 2017, 01:34:59 PM

Baker & McKenzie
Baker Botts LLP
Goltsblat BLP
Herbert Smith Freehills

many international law firms have branches in russia. I don't understand your point with this one

I'm sure you don't. :)

The Minsky Moment

Morgan Lewis is was of the biggest law firms in the world (as is Baker also on that list).  They are probably on the short list for firm of the year in over a dozen countries.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 11, 2017, 01:38:38 PM

Morgan Lewis is was of the biggest law firms in the world (as is Baker also on that list).  They are probably on the short list for firm of the year in over a dozen countries.

Not according to that website. Only place they ranked in Europe was Russia... and they won.

LaCroix

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.