News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

I'd be more concerned if the result findings go against the scientific community

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 03:45:45 PM
I'd be more concerned if the result findings go against the scientific community

There really isn't anything he can do that is not ok with a Trump drone.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

You're like the guy in an airplane where an engine just fell off, and says no worries - wake me up when the other one falls off.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2017, 03:24:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 02:39:40 PM
You have to make sure derinsurer shows his work,  though.

No insurance + black = deadbeat freeloader costing society money
No insurance + white = "principled"

Ain't that the truth!

Get out of my head, you guys!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 10, 2017, 03:56:44 PM
Get out of my head, you guys!

But it's so roomy and we just put in a handball court.

Admiral Yi

frunk

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 10, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
You're like the guy in an airplane where an engine just fell off, and says no worries - wake me up when the other one falls off.

To be fair the engine is still there, there's just a guy ripping wires out of it.

Oexmelin

But maybe he's in fact, repairing it? We can't know for sure, so I say, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

You're so calm. It's very soothing. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Berkut

I think we should at least wait and see what happens before we rush to judgement.

0 rows returned

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 10, 2017, 03:55:34 PMYou're like the guy in an airplane where an engine just fell off, and says no worries - wake me up when the other one falls off.

I'm the guy who says it's fine when there's turbulence. someone who supports vaccinations but is cautious is now chairing a commission. allegedly, both care about the science. if the science is conclusive, then what's the result going to be?

how is this an engine falling off.

derspiess

Let's all just not think about what's going to happen in a week and a half and enjoy the last few days of the Obama presidency.  I can't decide which watch party I want to attend for his farewell address tonight.

And by the way, I still have some Obama plates available...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 04:32:43 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 10, 2017, 03:55:34 PMYou're like the guy in an airplane where an engine just fell off, and says no worries - wake me up when the other one falls off.

I'm the guy who says it's fine when there's turbulence. someone who supports vaccinations but is cautious is now chairing a commission. allegedly, both care about the science. if the science is conclusive, then what's the result going to be?

how is this an engine falling off.

Of course they don't care about the science, because the science has already spoken on the issue.

But I am sure the engine is fine, and there is nothing wrong with appointing a pilot who is skeptical about the need for engines when the plane is already in the air, and just wants to confirm that engines actually do anything, again, just to be sure.

0 rows returned