And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

QuoteAaron C. Davis
@byaaroncdavis
BREAKING: A source tells me The Defense Department has just denied a request by DC officials to deploy the National Guard to the US Capitol.

Washington Post journalist.

Fun to find out as a member of congress that the Federal government is not there to protect you?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 03:02:17 PM
These guys from summer this year sure would have been useful now:

I'm sure they're too busy now preventing grafitti on federal buildings in Portland.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on January 06, 2021, 03:03:14 PM
Nothing like spending my evening watching live coverage of a coup attempt in the world's largest banana republic.

Too soon, asshole.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

at the Georgia Capitol a militia is gathering apparently. Raffensperger and senior staff has been evacuated.

DGuller

Seriously, what the fuck do you do when protesters are aided and abetted by the president?  How do you control the situation?  Either you follow the order and watch the world burn, or you decide who the legitimate leader is, which is going to be a confirmation of a complete breakdown of legal government.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Apparently automated Ted Cruz's fundraising messages are being received at the moment.

https://twitter.com/joelockhart/status/1346906498815897603

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2021, 03:10:42 PM
Seriously, what the fuck do you do when protesters are aided and abetted by the president?  How do you control the situation?  Either you follow the order and watch the world burn, or you decide who the legitimate leader is, which is going to be a confirmation of a complete breakdown of legal government.

I keep saying ultimately you guys are lucky you got an early warning thanks to Trump. If the first guy with the proper political charisma and lack of morals to exploit this "spirit of the age" have also had actual brains and talent for organising, you'd be in far bigger shit than this.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on January 06, 2021, 03:03:14 PM
Nothing like spending my evening watching live coverage of a coup attempt in the world's largest banana republic.

It isn't, it is the world's largest and strongest democracy.  If this shit is happening in the US it is serious for all of us.

DGuller

Looks like she's getting cardiac massage as well. :unsure:

The Larch

Valmy

My cousin is a Capitol Police Officer so...a little worried now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2021, 03:10:42 PM

In practice?

1) wet your finger
2) raise it
3) based on result, decide which leader to support
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould