News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

From German reddit:

Quote"Es bleiben im Raum Guliani, Mcenany, Meadows und Kushner...

DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL! DIE KLAGE GULIANIS WAR EIN BEFEHL! Wer sind Sie, dass Sie es wagen sich meinem Befehl zu widersetzen? So weit ist es also gekommen? FoxNews hat mich belogen! Jeder hat mich Belogen, sogar Tucker! Die gesamte GOP ist nicht als ein Haufen niederträchtiger, treuloser Feiglinge!

Herr Präsident, ich kann nicht zulassen, dass sie Spender, die für Sie Geld geben...

NICHTS ALS FEIGLINGE, VERRÄTER, VERSAGER!!!

Herr Präsident, was Sie da sagen, ist ungeheuerlich!

Die rechte Flügel ist der Gescheiß der gesamten GOP! Er ist ohne Ehre! Sie nennen sich Senatoren, weil sie Jahre an einer Ivy League Uni zugebracht haben, nur um zu lernen, wie man mit Füller unterschreibt. Jahrelang hat die Partei meine Aktionen nur verhindert. Sie hat mir jeden nur erdenklichen Widerstand in den Weg gelegt! Ich hätte gut daran getan vor Jahren alle höheren Parteifunktionäre liquidiren zu lassen, wie BANNON! ... Ich musste nie für mein Geld arbeiten. Und doch habe ich allein, allein auf mich gestellt, ganz Amerika erobert! ... Verräter. VON ALLEM ANFANG AN BIN ICH SO VERRATEN UND BETROGEN WORDEN! Es war ein ungeheurer Verrat geübt am rechten Flügel! Alle diese Verräter verden bezahlen. Mit ihrem eigenen Blut werden sie bezahlen! Sie werden ersaufen in ihrem eigenem Blut!!!

Meine Befehle sind in den Wind gesprochen. Es ist unmöglich unter diesen Umständen zu regieren. Es ist aus. Die Wahl ... ist verloren. Aber wenn Sie, meine Herren, glauben, dass ich deshalb das Weiße Haus verlasse, irren Sie sich gewaltig! Eher jage ich Fauci eine Kugel durch den Kopf. Tun Sie, was Sie wollen..."

English translation:

"Stay in the room: Giuliani, McEnany, Meadows, Kushner.

IT WAS AN ORDER! GIULIANI'S LAW SUIT WAS AN ORDER! Who are you to dare disobey my order! This is how far we got? FoxNews lied to me! Everyone has lied to me, even Tucker! The entire GOP is nothing but a horde of abject, disloyal cowards!"

"Mr President, I can't allow that donors who give their money for you ..."

"The right wing is the vermin of the entire GOP! It's without honor! You call yourself senators because you spent years at an Ivy League school just to learn how to sign with a fountain pen. For years, the party has just blocked my efforts. They put every possible obstacle in my path! I would have done good to liquidate all higher party officials years ago, like BANNON! .... Traitors. FROM THE START I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED AND CHEATED. It was an unbelievable treason of the right wing. All those traitors will pay. They will pay in their own blood! They will drown in their own blood!

My orders are spoken to the wind. It's impossible to govern under such circumstances. It's over. The election ... is lost. But if you believe that I will leave the White House because of this, then you are completely mistaken! I'd rather put a bullet in Fauci's head. Do what you will ..."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

This is one thread I'm gonna be delighted to see the ceremonial unpinning of ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 07, 2020, 02:01:43 PM
His presidency is not over yet  :ph34r:

Those are gonna be long months with lots of potential to leave scorched earth and plant plenty of booby traps.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

To rip off Churchill: it isn't the end of America's flirtation with populist autocracy. It isn't even the beginning of the end. It is, perhaps, the end of the beginning ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Quote from: Malthus on November 07, 2020, 02:00:31 PM
This is one thread I'm gonna be delighted to see the ceremonial unpinning of ...
soon, very soon.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

I don't know if he'll cause havoc or just leave for Mar-a-Lago and rage-tweet.

I very much doubt there'll be any meetings with Biden, or that he'll attend the inauguration.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 01:49:27 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
With countries around the world congratulating Biden, Trump is probably again reminded that once more he managed to bully his way into a position where he was never fully accepted by his peers.
Yeah. This is the thing with his psychology - even after winning the Presidency as an outsider he never felt like he'd made it, he was still needy and still insecure. And now he's been rejected. It's extraordinary.

Edit: And it is, of course, very rare for an elected President to be kicked out after one term.
Since 1900:
Taft, Hoover, Carter, Bush I, and Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

I almost expect Trump to just leave even before the EC decides the Presidency. Leave the White House, the job, all of it, and head to Mir-a-Lago. Leave his people to clean up. Leave his children to pack things up and do whatever "transition" stuff needs doing.

If he does that, what happens? I know Pence would be the interim, but... does there have to be a vote or a declaration or something?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PJL

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 01:49:27 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
With countries around the world congratulating Biden, Trump is probably again reminded that once more he managed to bully his way into a position where he was never fully accepted by his peers.
Yeah. This is the thing with his psychology - even after winning the Presidency as an outsider he never felt like he'd made it, he was still needy and still insecure. And now he's been rejected. It's extraordinary.

Edit: And it is, of course, very rare for an elected President to be kicked out after one term.

Yeah, he won't get an invite to Mr Burn's birthday party now. That must really hurt for him. :D

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 01:55:26 PM
From German reddit:
:lol: Last night I sent my wife the video of that scene from Downfall, saying the Oval Office situation was probably like that at that moment.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2020, 02:30:36 PM
I almost expect Trump to just leave even before the EC decides the Presidency. Leave the White House, the job, all of it, and head to Mir-a-Lago. Leave his people to clean up. Leave his children to pack things up and do whatever "transition" stuff needs doing.

If he does that, what happens? I know Pence would be the interim, but... does there have to be a vote or a declaration or something?
I feel like there's a chance Trump will resign so that Pence can issue him a blanket pardon.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on November 07, 2020, 02:53:52 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2020, 02:30:36 PM

I feel like there's a chance Trump will resign so that Pence can issue him a blanket pardon.

If Pence values his political future that might not be an option.

Admiral Yi

I predict Trump will hold on tweeting and suing until the last day, and not attend the swearing in.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 07, 2020, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2020, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2020, 09:48:50 AM
Am I really seeing that we have a Languishite who is just now discovering that the US government contains checks and balances and that checks on a branch's power are WAD?  :huh:

It seems churlish to expect people from other countries to have a robust knowledge of US civics.

Sure, but most foreign Languishites seem to eat that shit up.

It's a sad statement about US civics education that eve some Americans think that it takes "a robust knowledge of US civics" to know that the US federal government was set up primarily to provide government with powers but also checks and balances on those powers.  That was the entire idea motivating the writing of the US constitution.  There are checks and balances everywhere in it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!