What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

You are forever tied to Meechgan grumbles. It doesn't matter you don't live there, just as Valmy is forever linked by his shitty taste in Pro Football teams.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2020, 06:58:06 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 17, 2020, 04:19:59 PM

As Valmy points out, the question isn't whether zoupa is scared, or grumbler, or you or I, but whether the intended target - Michigan legislators - were intimidated.  It appears they were and that makes the matter a public concern.

That's actually my point, not Valmy's.  Valmy's point was that this legislature was somehow mine and I was somehow responsible for the protestors being able to carry guns into the legislative chamber.

My point was that you have ties to this state, you have lived there, so if you feel that this is all fine I have no reason to disagree. I have never even been to Michigan, you obviously know the place better than me. And he was obviously referring to an entirely point I made anyway...

The idea I thought you were responsible is fucking insane :lol: WTF man?

In case you were under the impression I thought you were the secret dictator of Michigan who hand picked all the politicians and personally wrote all of the laws, no I don't think that. Just in case you found that confusing. I hope that clears that up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2020, 07:08:44 PM
You are forever tied to Meechgan grumbles. It doesn't matter you don't live there,

Certainly more tied than me. It is true he is somebody on this forum I think about when I think about Michigan.

Quotejust as Valmy is forever linked by his shitty taste in Pro Football teams.

Hey at least none of my teams left for greener pastures in Oklahoma.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2020, 09:22:14 PM
My point was that you have ties to this state, you have lived there, so if you feel that this is all fine I have no reason to disagree. I have never even been to Michigan, you obviously know the place better than me.

When have I ever indicated in any way that "this is all fine"?  :lol: WTF man?

QuoteThe idea I thought you were responsible is fucking insane :lol: WTF man?

You were the guy saying "But hey it is your idiotic state laws and your, allegedly, cowardly pathetic legislature..." Note your use of the second person possessive.  I haven't voted in Michigan in more than forty years.

QuoteIn case you were under the impression I thought you were the secret dictator of Michigan who hand picked all the politicians and personally wrote all of the laws, no I don't think that. Just in case you found that confusing. I hope that clears that up.

That clears it up.  Maybe you should reconsider assigning ownership to people out of the blue. 

I still don't understand why you want to make this personal.  Why even say shit like that?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2020, 09:37:58 PM
When have I ever indicated in any way that "this is all fine"?  :lol: WTF man?

Because you were mocking Zoupa, and others, for being upset about it? Not exactly sounding like you had a big problem with what was going on, claiming only Zoupa was scared when the Michigan Leg seemed to be.

In any case all I was trying to say is that utimately this is not really my business having no connection to Michigan. You do....or I thought you did. So if you have so few shits to give, why am I wasting time talking about it?

QuoteNote your use of the second person possessive.

Right. I may have been out of line there, I had no idea you had been away from Michigan for so long. And I was a little bent out of shape for how you were being with the other posters and I intended for that to be my final say in the matter. I am not from Michigan so ultimately this is not my business and I have said all I intend to say about it.

QuoteI still don't understand why you want to make this personal.  Why even say shit like that?

I don't think I am making this personal. It is just you knew things like the rules of the Michigan leg like a native would and I know you are a big Michigan fan.

garbon

Quote from: PDH on May 17, 2020, 11:31:12 AM
Quote from: DGuller on May 17, 2020, 11:28:50 AM
We know why people in police uniform open carry, and these reasons are not threatening. 

Well, not threatening to white people.

I'd rather be around no guns.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2020, 09:53:47 PM
Because you were mocking Zoupa, and others, for being upset about it? Not exactly sounding like you had a big problem with what was going on, claiming only Zoupa was scared when the Michigan Leg seemed to be.

No, I was mocking Zoupa for trying to escalate this into terrorism.  Terrorism is a real and terrible thing.  Claiming that everything you don't like is terrorism cheapens the word and implies that it is common and so not all that big a deal.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
OIL (ENERGY) IS BACK!!!!

:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2020, 10:13:16 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
OIL (ENERGY) IS BACK!!!!

:unsure:

Price of oil jumped today.

Syt

Highly inaccurate depiction. Like Trump would actually wear gloves.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 18, 2020, 12:56:15 PM
Yeah?

Good point Joan, I wish I had considered it.

On the other hand, Trump sees fossil fuel producers and workers as his guys.

The Minsky Moment

Mid 30s isn't so bad a price for consumers, but if this heralds a bull run, it might not end up so great.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson