Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2018, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 08, 2018, 02:37:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 08, 2018, 02:31:09 PM
Wasn't it History Channel that was called the Hitler Channel?  In any case, say what you will about it, but when I was little, it was a very fun way to learn all the historical urban legends.

This one is like the History Channel used to be, but even moreso.

Lately, the History Channel is all about the Space Aliens. Hitler only gets a mention to the extent he's considered a Space Alien.

I am not saying that aliens have taken over the History Channel...

Don't forget all the people looking through old junk shows.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Quote from: frunk on February 08, 2018, 03:23:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 08, 2018, 03:11:20 PM
I found this hilarious blog post by a science writer pissed off at Ancient Aliens mixing aliens with dinosaurs: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-idiocy-fabrications-and-lies-of-ancient-aliens-86294030/?no-ist

I didn't think Smithsonian's comment section on the article would be quite so stupid, but....sigh.

Wow, this is an impressive collection of nonsense, ranging from Science denial to .999 repeating not being 1 to Zecharia Sitchin lovers.

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 08, 2018, 03:01:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2018, 02:35:15 PM
Yes. Though they had a couple other shows that I really enjoyed. The Real West, for example (actually the popularity of this show on A&E was the reason the History Channel was created). But it was not great history content. But I guess it was history content as opposed to what they did later.
I was a big fan of Civil War Journal as well.  That may have started on A&E though and then migrated to The History Channel.  For anyone who watched it, remember Brian Pohanka?  The guy with the awesome Civil War style goatee who was also in the movie Gettysburg due to his look?  He died in '05 of cancer.  For some reason that really bummed me out when I found out about it.

Yes :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on February 08, 2018, 02:12:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2018, 01:57:50 PM
Did their entire programming schedule consist of G.I. Joe cartoons?

We used to joke it truly was the "Hitler Channel", because it mostly runs WW2 stuff, with a big emphasis on Nazis.   :lol: I don't think I've ever seen, say, a program on the Vietnam War on this channel.

I guess they found "Military Channel" too generic, but "American Heroes Channel" sounds absurdly jingoistic (at least, to us dirty foreigners).

And they still show Hitler stuff.  So you get weird stuff like  "Next on American Heroes Channel, Hitler's rise to power".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Dems are spineless clowns to let this shutdown end without protecting the dreamers. 800k people are going to be deported and they did jack shit to even try and prevent. This will majorly deny turnout for the midterms by the Dems.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Yes, it would be utterly shameful to make a compromise on immigration instead of holding the entire government hostage...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 09, 2018, 09:26:08 AM
Yes, it would be utterly shameful to make a compromise on immigration instead of holding the entire government hostage...
Trump and the House GOP no longer have any incentive to make a compromise on immigration and will not make one. The Dreamers will absolutely be deported.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Obama deportedd and denied entry to 5 million people, and Clinton 12 million before him, so it's not like the dems are on the side of illegals.

Data from https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/obama-record-deportations-deporter-chief-or-not
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2018, 07:39:53 PM
Trump and the House GOP no longer have any incentive to make a compromise on immigration and will not make one. The Dreamers will absolutely be departed

I also don't think they'll go so far as to kill the dreamers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on February 09, 2018, 08:21:49 PM
Obama deportedd and denied entry to 5 million people, and Clinton 12 million before him, so it's not like the dems are on the side of illegals.

Well we do believe in enforcing the laws.

I am impressed that Bush managed to deport 1 million more people than were apprehended.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Trump and the House GOP no longer have any incentive to make a compromise on immigration and will not make one. The Dreamers will absolutely be departed.

The public has a strong majority against deportation, so there is incentive. And they have a point that the dilemma was created by loose enforcement.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 09, 2018, 08:40:23 PM
Trump and the House GOP no longer have any incentive to make a compromise on immigration and will not make one. The Dreamers will absolutely be departed.

The public has a strong majority against deportation, so there is incentive. And they have a point that the dilemma was created by loose enforcement.

Lol, as if Trump gives a shit about public sentiment.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 09, 2018, 08:21:49 PM

Data from https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/obama-record-deportations-deporter-chief-or-not

Probably a mistake to go backwards in time to gauge current democratic sentiment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

People who are "good people" according to Trump, updated:
1. Nazis
2. Vladimir Putin
3. Wife Beaters
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help