And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Retard fight

Trump slams Bannon after criticism, says ex-chief strategist 'lost his mind'

It's probably safe to say the self-professed mastermind behind President Trump's election won't be back in 2020.

Trump issued a blistering, four-paragraph takedown of Steve Bannon Wednesday, hours after the Guardian reported that Bannon called Donald Trump Jr. "treasonous" for meeting with Russian operatives during the campaign.

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency," Trump wrote. "When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party."

"Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look," Trump said. "Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn't represent my base—he's only in it for himself.

He also accuses Bannon of leaking to the media while serving as his adviser at the White House.

"Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was," he said. "It is the only thing he does well."

He added, "Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books."

Bannon spent just over a year formally working for the president, leaving the White House in August and returning to Breitbart News, the populist news site.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Bannon is buying Mueller insurance by throwing his fellow Trump Travellers under the bus.
Probability increasing there is some more v bad stuff to drop there.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 03, 2018, 07:10:02 PM
Bannon is buying Mueller insurance by throwing his fellow Trump Travellers under the bus.

I bet Trump is annoyed with Bannon trying to pull the house down around his ears, as that was Trump's job/ego trip.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Bannon is at least as spiteful as Trump. Attacking him is risky, I could see him totally leaking crazy bombshells to the press in retaliation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2018, 02:41:18 AM
Bannon is at least as spiteful as Trump. Attacking him is risky, I could see him totally leaking crazy bombshells to the press in retaliation.

So you're saying pee video incoming?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 03, 2018, 07:10:02 PM

Wolff is pretty gossipy, so I took a lot of what was written with a grain of salt.  The fact that Bannon hasn't denied this and Trump flew off the handle and is threatening to sue indicates that it might actually be true.  I suspect that this is less Mueller insurance and more Bannon simply hates Trump's kids.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

That was my reaction.  I had no idea how much to believe that book, given that the Russians must be peddling some fake gossip to discredit the real journalists, but Trump's reaction kind of validates at least some of the book to me.

Razgovory

Trump is sending out cease and desist letters. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2018, 12:54:13 PM

So the publisher moved up publication date to tomorrow. It's like it's all planned.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2018, 05:13:35 PM

So the publisher moved up publication date to tomorrow. It's like it's all planned.

I had to order it.

The presidential tantrums will be epic tomorrow.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on January 04, 2018, 10:09:56 AM
That was my reaction.  I had no idea how much to believe that book, given that the Russians must be peddling some fake gossip to discredit the real journalists, but Trump's reaction kind of validates at least some of the book to me.

The Streisand effect in action!

Or a variation on it ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on January 04, 2018, 05:14:49 PM

I had to order it.

Good idea, wanders off to amazon.

Also how irking will it be for Trump, if Bannon and author end up making more money off this than Trump does with all his 'presidency as a profit center' BS.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 04, 2018, 05:54:40 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 04, 2018, 05:14:49 PM

I had to order it.

Good idea, wanders off to amazon.

Also how irking will it be for Trump, if Bannon and author end up making more money off this than Trump does with all his 'presidency as a profit center' BS.

It totally would not surprise me if Trump, Bannon etc. are playing a version of a two-man con; the one writes a book full of nonsense, the other makes it popular by (completely unenforceable) attempts to suppress it, tantrums, etc. - they sell a mountain of copies, make a mint, distract attention ... 

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius