FunkMonk

I can't believe it. Holy shit.

What will the country think?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

It's truly a glorious day when 50% of the voters reject a pedophile.  :cry:

FunkMonk

Steve Bannon got clowned on in the most Republican state in the union  :lol:

I hope this puts to bed the belief that Bannon is good at politics.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Hannity ought to be thoroughly enjoyable tonite
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 12, 2017, 11:03:40 PM
Steve Bannon got clowned on in the most Republican state in the union  :lol:

I hope this puts to bed the belief that Bannon is good at politics.

He's certainly tone-deaf when it comes to the home crowd, bashing Joe Scarborough for his Crimson Tide education yesterday, while bragging about his Georgetown and Harvard background. 
Because that goes over so well in a room in Midland, Alabama.

jimmy olsen

Buckle up for 2018!

Nate Silver 10:35 PM 
A Boon For Democratic Recruiting

One fairly obvious after-effect is that Democratic candidate recruiting — which has already been pretty good — could now go totally bonkers. Democrats, with some justification, are going to think they can compete everywhere and will always have a puncher's chance if the GOP nominates a bad candidate. Lots of credible Democratic candidates, such as Phil Bredesen in Tennessee, are going to run in lots of red states and districts. Of course, few candidates are going to be as bad as Roy Moore. But then again, not all those red states and districts are going to be quite as red as Alabama.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Tim, please, we're not out of the woods, we can't afford your optimism.

CountDeMoney

I wonder, once all the dust settles--between the accusers, the disenchantment of Republicans, the repudiation of Trump/Bannon, etc--if it wasn't Senator Richard Shelby (R) himself coming out and telling Alabama not to send that asshole in his direction that made the difference in some of those precincts. 

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on December 12, 2017, 11:13:01 PM

Tainted. They'll "find" 11,000 votes for Moore tomorrow now.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 12, 2017, 11:19:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 12, 2017, 11:13:01 PM

Tainted. They'll "find" 11,000 votes for Moore tomorrow now.  :(

ALL OF THESE JELLYBEAN JARS WERE TOTALLY OFF

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2017, 11:18:26 PM
I wonder, once all the dust settles--between the accusers, the disenchantment of Republicans, the repudiation of Trump/Bannon, etc--if it wasn't Senator Richard Shelby (R) himself coming out and telling Alabama not to send that asshole in his direction that made the difference in some of those precincts.

Look at all those write ins

DGuller

It would be an ironic twist if all the write-ins were for Moore.

CountDeMoney

The big question for tomorrow:  who/what is Trump going to take all of this out on? Mueller? Germany? Little Rocket Man? The National Park Service?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2017, 11:32:22 PM
The big question for tomorrow:  who/what is Trump going to take all of this out on? Mueller? Germany? Little Rocket Man? The National Park Service?
:cry:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien