Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I still wouldn't vote for Hillary.

*throws flaming bag of poop, runs off*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 16, 2017, 06:11:54 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 04:57:40 PM
In any case, it appears that this was not the straw to break the camel's back and the GOP is still sticking with Trump. No biggie.

The strategy of reinforcing bad behavior has really worked wonders so far . . . the plan seems to be to keep a low profile and hope Mueller comes up with something that can take him out.

Better hurry the fuck up then.  They're running out of time.

QuoteOne of the FBI's top investigators, tapped by special counsel Robert Mueller just weeks ago to help lead the probe of Russian meddling in last year's presidential election, has left Mueller's team, sources tell ABC News.

Special counsel's Russia probe loses top FBI investigator

It's unclear why Strzok stepped away from Mueller's team of nearly two dozen lawyers, investigators and administrative staff. Strzok, who has spent much of his law enforcement career working counterintelligence cases and has been unanimously praised by government officials who spoke with ABC News, is now working for the FBI's human resources division.

I want him manning a radar tower in Alaska by the end of the day. Just mail him his clothes.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 05:15:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 01:05:05 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 12:25:51 AM
Which is what?

What is a second baseman.

A Nazi-sympathizing second baseman?

Your words, not mine. But if you think people may see you as a Nazi sympathizer, you may want to reconsider your conduct.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 07:35:47 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 06:30:12 PM
Long write-up on a bunch of faith leaders doing non-violent counter protesting at Charlottesville: https://thinkprogress.org/clergy-in-charlottesville-e95752415c3e/

Suckers. They ought to be physically assaulting the Nazzies.

Your clearly didn't read neither the article nor my posts if you think that's a clever comment.

If you do read the article you will get to the part where the non-violent clergy was attacked by white supremacists and the antifa intervened. Members if the non-violent protesters are quoted as saying the antifa saved their lives.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 08:52:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 05:15:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 01:05:05 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 12:25:51 AM
Which is what?

What is a second baseman.

A Nazi-sympathizing second baseman?

Your words, not mine. But if you think people may see you as a Nazi sympathizer, you may want to reconsider your conduct.

Oh, I didn't know I was this second baseman :mellow:

If people like you, DG or Berkut really want to believe I'm teh fashist, Nazzie sympathizer or whatever, go ahead. I don't really care what you think about me, though I would like for you guys to produce some evidence. Others' opinions I do care about, and thankfully AFAIK none of them seem to choose to believe such silliness.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 09:20:52 PM
Oh, I didn't know I was this second baseman :mellow:

If people like you, DG or Berkut really want to believe I'm teh fashist, Nazzie sympathizer or whatever, go ahead. I don't really care what you think about me, though I would like for you guys to produce some evidence. Others' opinions I do care about, and thankfully AFAIK none of them seem to choose to believe such silliness.

I don't have a strong opinion on the subject, but much of your trolling does match the stuff you find on alt right sites.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on August 16, 2017, 05:21:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 12:24:07 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 12:10:53 PM

And you simply cannot draw a line and stop this at Nazis.

I totally can.

For yourself, sure, I believe you.  But do you seriously think that if we allow mob rule and vigilante justice against Neo-Nazis, everyone else will stop there?

He said the line stopped at Nazis.  Neo-Nazis, the alt-right, the KKK, etc are all on the good side of the line.  It's all black and white.  Only actual Nazis are to be the victims.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2017, 02:39:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 02:37:26 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2017, 02:24:47 PM
Where does free speech enter the picture?

Maybe it doesn't?

I thought so.

Even American free speech laws don't allow you to call for imminent violence. Unfortunately, such laws have typically only been used against left wing targets, while hard right groups get a lot of leway. A black panther or islamic march with the same aesthetics of the Charlottesville march would have been crushed by the state.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 09:20:52 PM
If people like you, DG or Berkut really want to believe I'm teh fashist, Nazzie sympathizer or whatever, go ahead. [...] Others' opinions I do care about, and thankfully AFAIK none of them seem to choose to believe such silliness.
*cough* CountdeMoney *cough*
;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Did you catch the reports that Brannon apparently calling Prospect Magazine and giving an unsolicited interview Mooch style?

Not sure how much is been corroborated https://www.vox.com/2017/8/16/16159668/steve-bannon-china-economic-war-north-korea-charlottesville-american-prospect

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 16, 2017, 08:16:45 PM
I still wouldn't vote for Hillary.

*throws flaming bag of poop, runs off*

You're going to have to up your troll game because I don't think that line will get you many nibbles :lol:

viper37

But if you think people may see you as a Nazi sympathizer, you may want to reconsider your conduct.
If you think someone is threatening your way of life and the way of life of your fellow citizens, and you firmly believe the government is turning a blind eye to that mortal danger you and your companionship percieve and then decide to act on it, violently I mean, than what is the real different?

What is exactly is the difference between a radical leftist group who does not believe in democracy and free trade and a radical rightwing group who does not believe in democracy and free trade?  The stance on immigration?  That is reason enough to justify undermining the rule of law?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

sbr

Quote from: viper37 on August 16, 2017, 09:43:27 PM
But if you think people may see you as a Nazi sympathizer, you may want to reconsider your conduct.
If you think someone is threatening your way of life and the way of life of your fellow citizens, and you firmly believe the government is turning a blind eye to that mortal danger you and your companionship percieve and then decide to act on it, violently I mean, than what is the real different?

What is exactly is the difference between a radical leftist group who does not believe in democracy and free trade and a radical rightwing group who does not believe in democracy and free trade?  The stance on immigration?  That is reason enough to justify undermining the rule of law?