News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:12:25 AM
Donald you don't need the Dems to approve your people. Why are you launching personal attacks at the mayor of a foreign city?

He has to search beyond his own borders to find someone he hasn't insulted already.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:12:25 AM
Donald you don't need the Dems to approve your people. Why are you launching personal attacks at the mayor of a foreign city?

You should be working in the White House.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on June 05, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
QuoteThe Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

If only there were some way that the President could exert some control over the Justice Department.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Donald hasn't even nominated people to fill most of the 400 or so positions still vacant. He's either grossly ignorant of the situation or purposely leaving empty positions so he can blame Democrats for something they have no power to do. :hmm:

I heard this earlier and thought it was apt: Donald is one of those people who always, always, always, raises in Poker.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 05, 2017, 09:35:02 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 05, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
QuoteThe Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

If only there were some way that the President could exert some control over the Justice Department.

DOJ: Listen, it's definitely not a ban.

Trump: Its a fucken ban Lester, buhlieve me!!!

Barrister

Apparently the wording of Trump's NATO speech did originally contain an explicit endorsement of Article V.  McMaster, Mattis and Tillerson all pushed for its inclusion, and as late as the morning of the speech that language was still there.

They only learned it was taken out when they heard the speech.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/05/trump-nato-speech-national-security-team-215227
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2017, 09:44:48 AM
Apparently the wording of Trump's NATO speech did originally contain an explicit endorsement of Article V.  McMaster, Mattis and Tillerson all pushed for its inclusion, and as late as the morning of the speech that language was still there.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/05/trump-nato-speech-national-security-team-215227

Bannon knows how to play Trump. Be the very last person to talk to Trump before he actually does something.

Valmy

Yet 40+% of Americans supposedly think he is doing a great job. I wonder what it would take? What sorts of things would Trump have to do for them to disapprove?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zanza on June 05, 2017, 08:50:45 AM
Their argument seems to be that they could not improve the "extreme vetting" procedures in the last 90 days due to one of the court orders and need the travel ban in place to do so. On the first glance, that does not seem to make sense.

Supposedly the improved vetting procedures have already been implemented:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/09/additional-vetting-already-happening-dhs-officials-say.html
Since the purpose of the exec order was to put a temporary hold to get such measures in place, seems like it's moot now.
Trump is definitely not helping his side's legal case by suggesting that the exec order now being reviewed by the courts is not effective. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Maladict

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2017, 09:44:48 AM

That is one depressing article.

FunkMonk

When will Mad King Donald order someone be burnt in the Oval Office?

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:51:03 AM
Yet 40+% of Americans supposedly think he is doing a great job. I wonder what it would take? What sorts of things would Trump have to do for them to disapprove?

Convert to Islam.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

You joke but I am serious. I have always had a hard time understanding the logic behind supporting and celebrating somebody like Trump. Is this what they had in mind when they elected him? I guess it is and my expectations that this is an embarrassing amateur hour clown-show that is obvious to everybody is misplaced. But maybe I am wrong and there is a line Donald could cross. I just do not know what it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
You joke but I am serious. I have always had a hard time understanding the logic behind supporting and celebrating somebody like Trump. Is this what they had in mind when they elected him? I guess it is and my expectations that this is an embarrassing amateur hour clown-show that is obvious to everybody is misplaced. But maybe I am wrong and there is a line Donald could cross. I just do not know what it is.

Also, I guess, if you only watch Fox News and read Breitbart or some shit, then his presidency must be a string of glorious successes one after the other.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:51:03 AM
ban the sale of fully automatic weapons?  forbid discrimination against blacks, gays, transgenders? push for seperation of State and Church everywhere in the US? that kind of horrible crimes, I think.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.