News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What will Hillary's presidency be like?

Started by Martinus, November 08, 2016, 07:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2016, 11:25:39 AM
Which reminds me;  back in 2004, Hansmeister told us he'd resign his commission in the military if John Kerry got elected--he was that much of a threat to surrendering American democracy to the EvildoersTM.

What's he going to do with a President Hillary Clinton? Active shooter? Fertilizer bomb? Harikari? Gender reassignment?  Update his blog?  Any guesses?

Running the Twitter account for the Armed Orange Insurrection to bring the Obergropenführer to power.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I would be surprised if Hans was a Trump guy, he always struck me as a Republican Establishment type. He constantly spoke out against the Birthers. But I could be wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Which reminds me;  back in 2004, Hansmeister told us he'd resign his commission in the military if John Kerry got elected--he was that much of a threat to surrendering American democracy to the EvildoersTM.

So... what is the process for a non-commissioned officer to resign his non-commission? :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2016, 11:37:59 AM
I would be surprised if Hans was a Trump guy, he always struck me as a Republican Establishment type. He constantly spoke out against the Birthers. But I could be wrong.

I wouldn't.  The Clinton Derangement Syndrome types aren't exactly rational.  They will vote Trump despite being against most of what he stands for.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 11:42:21 AM

So... what is the process for a non-commissioned officer to resign his non-commission? :huh:

Fuck if I know.  I was in the War on Drugs.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 11:43:56 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2016, 10:56:45 AM
In the long run, wars make us safer&richer.

Except when they bankrupt us :mellow:
America got richer in the aftermath of WW1 and WWII.  The Cold War, despite the failure of Vietnam did make the US much richer and eventually opened new markets for US products.  Same goes for the various low intensity conflict in South&Central America.

Despite your loss in Vietnam, due to increased military presence in Asia, you have managed to contain Chinese influence so far and keep trade relations with lots of countries, even Vietnam itself.

Do you think the world will be a better place if an ISIS-like group wins the day?  If Russia or China become the dominant world players?

Going back through time, should the US have found a way to stay out of WWII?  What would a Nazi Germany quasi victory and Japan victory in the Pacific would mean to world prosperity in the next 50 years?  Do you think America would have been better off in a Cold War with Japan and Germany?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Hamilcar

Eddie Teach

He needs to drink more, so he can stand being surrounded by liverals.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

How long will the Trump legal challenges over alleged voting irregularities persist, should Hillary win? Months? Years? Longer than Hillary's first term?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Americans and Russians killing each other, maybe not a full blown war. but something a bit more significant that an accidental or otherwise clash in Syria.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on November 08, 2016, 02:25:41 PM
How long will the Trump legal challenges over alleged voting irregularities persist, should Hillary win? Months? Years? Longer than Hillary's first term?  :hmm:

A week or two.