News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonalds

Started by Josquius, October 11, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your relationship with Maccy Ds?

Never tried it
0 (0%)
I've had it only a few times in my life
8 (16%)
Used to eat it....now never
10 (20%)
Once a year maybe
6 (12%)
A few times a year
10 (20%)
Once a month maybe
7 (14%)
A few times a month
7 (14%)
Weekly
2 (4%)
Daily
0 (0%)
Hippocampus
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2016, 01:48:15 PM
Authentic Mexican food is not as good so I find that annoying indeed :angry:

Speaking of which I tracked down my favorite taco truck last Saturday:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

"Dance, boy.  Dance!"

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2016, 04:22:37 PM
And who the fuck eats cheese on fish? Yuk.

Not me.  They leave it off if you order it that way.  At least if they don't screw up.

And when they do screw up, you might get something other than a fish sandwich anyway.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2016, 10:11:14 PM
"Dance, boy.  Dance!"

More like "Here, take more of my money!"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2016, 10:27:31 PM

I will admit the quality of the food truck genre has grown exponentially since the roach coach model of 20 years ago.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2016, 10:29:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2016, 10:27:31 PM

I will admit the quality of the food truck genre has grown exponentially since the roach coach model of 20 years ago.

Lord, those crappy trucks that would show up in front of my high school...

Josquius

Those fancy hipster food trucks are expensive as hell.
Whoever came up with that idea. .... damn
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2016, 01:31:36 AM

We have a food truck fair twice a year - you pay 5-6 bucks admittance, and it comes with no freebies, samples or anything. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

Quote from: Maladict on October 11, 2016, 12:15:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 11, 2016, 11:46:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2016, 11:39:19 AM

I find it strange that McDonalds is such a symbol of America abroad. It is no more a patriotic symbol than any other fast food restaurant is stateside. So I always found it bizarre angry foreigners were show their hatred of us by trashing a McDonalds, also with it being a franchise owned and staffed entirely by locals and all.

Specially when McDonalds goes to such lengths to localize their menus all around the world.

I just had a look but there's nothing in there I'd consider local. And if there is it's probably some Disneyfied abortion trying to resemble something 'local' as described by tourist guides.  :P

I kind of get the hatred. It's probably unfair to single out McDonald's but they just happen to be the symbol of everything that's wrong about fast food chains.
McKroket? ;-)

Syt

In celebration of Octoberfest, McD Austria currently has its Emmentaler hearts (breaded, deep fried cheese), and a Brezel Burger with bacon, deep fried Emmentaler cheese, fried onions and pepper sauce between lye bread (same dough as Octoberfest pretzels).

Whereas BK's Octoberfest menu has an Onion BBQ Whopper, Beer BBQ Steakhouse Burger (with beer bbq sauce), and a pulled pork sandwich (it seems every other place these days, from corner shops to BK and Subway have started offering pulled pork recently; I can even buy it in my local supermarket ... it was not a thing a year or two ago).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

I feel the urge to withdraw a bit further from popular culture.  :mellow:

Eddie Teach

I feel the urge to get some onion rings.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2016, 01:31:36 AM
Leather Lane Market has dozens of them every week, with queues right down the street. It's all pretty awesome, to be fair.

CountDeMoney

American fast food advertised in German is kinda creepy. :unsure:

Syt

I just enjoyed a burrito with chicken fried in red wine, extra guacamole, and a fiery salsa of tomato, capers and olives. I'm not sure how many cultures I have appropriated by doing so.
—Stephen Jay Gould