News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonalds

Started by Josquius, October 11, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your relationship with Maccy Ds?

Never tried it
0 (0%)
I've had it only a few times in my life
8 (16%)
Used to eat it....now never
10 (20%)
Once a year maybe
6 (12%)
A few times a year
10 (20%)
Once a month maybe
7 (14%)
A few times a month
7 (14%)
Weekly
2 (4%)
Daily
0 (0%)
Hippocampus
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Josquius

In celebration of America what is your relationship with this symbol of America?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I like the McGriddle, haven't had it in a few years though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Was one of my main sources of grub when I was a poor student, never go there anymore. Last time IIRC was a couple years ago when I hooked up with an ex and we got the munchies at around 3am. Maccy D's was the only place open at that time.

Syt

I like their breakfast. Haven't had a burger there in ages, though - generally prefer BK. I generally went for their special seasonal burgers instead of the regular fare.

The other day I actually did walk into a McD here. Most have switched to this "My Burger" thing which supposedly originated in Austria? Anyways, I looked at the big touch screen, looked at the "cashier kiosk", decided I didn't want to spend the 30-60 seconds to figure out the new system and went for a burrito instead.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I'd say a few times a year. I always have lived and/or worked near one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

You are old, Syt. :D Touchscreens are great as they reduce human interaction!

I like their wraps. About a couple of times each month I'd go and buy whichever wrap happens to be on the daily deal.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2016, 05:37:15 AM
You are old, Syt. :D Touchscreens are great as they reduce human interaction!

Why is that a good thing? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Tamas doesn't want anything to do with the poors who work at McDonalds.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

There's a new sushi place near my girlfriend's work that's pretty great, but they have a touchscreen system and people spend so much time figuring it out that it would be faster to just have a real person take the orders, really. There's always a huge queue in front of the machines.

Duque de Bragança

Havn't been there in ages and I only went there once a year or so. Last time was in Germany, in a rush. I would go to another burger joint if I wanted a burger anyways. Five Guys has one restaurant around here and plan to open another.

Hippocampus or Hippopotamus would be my vote, yes.

Brazen

Used to, now never. The only time I regularly ate Maccy D's (as we call it here) was went I went to Wargames Club as a teen. I have fallen fowl (geddit?) to a few McNuggets over the years. Last time I went in with a group of colleagues, the smell and the queue of plebs at the counter put me off and I walked out.

Maladict

Avoid. It's been at least 10 years.

CountDeMoney

It is a pleasant vice in which I indulge now and then when I am down in the dumps or I deserve a little bit of fucking sunshine in this concentration camp of a life.

Caliga

Somewhere between once a month and a few times a year.  The best thing there, by far, is their breakfast.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2016, 05:37:15 AM
You are old, Syt. :D

I don't mind touchscreens. I haven't been since they made the change, and I couldn't tell what the procedure was - I order on the screen, ok. I probably pay at the cashier, though the touch screens allow for card payment. But it didn't look like you would get your food there (table service?).

And I wanted to grab breakfast, for which I wasn't sure if the kiosk or the touchscreen would have been the correct course of action (the breakfast menu was advertised above/behind the cash counter). I was tired, hungry,  annoyed, and instead went to a proper café and had a proper breakfast.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.