Happy Anniversary, 50 years ago today

Started by CountDeMoney, September 08, 2016, 09:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Thursday, September 8, 1966
NBC 8:30pm-9:30pm
Episode 1: "The Man Trap"

Barrister

For shame Seedy - using a photo that has Chekov in it, who was only added in the second season. This is the 50th anniversary of the start of the show. :nerd:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Eat me.  It's one of my favorite Trek pics.

And I'm surprised you didn't give me shit about how the start of the show was actually broadcast on CTV in Canada on September 6, 1966.  So I see your :nerd: and raise you :nerd: :nerd:
#CanuckFail

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2016, 10:26:02 PM
What ever happened to the blonde?

The blonde????

Majel Barrett. You guys are not very good nerds. Pseudo Nerd.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2016, 11:12:21 PM
That's Yeoman Rand, isn't it?

Oh for fuck's sake. Is she wearing red? NO

Majel also played Lwaxana Troi on STNG.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

CountDeMoney

No, that's not Yeoman Rand, goddammit.  Nurse goddamn Chapel.

Syt

I should re-start my female guest stars of TOS avatar series again
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: 11B4V on September 08, 2016, 11:17:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2016, 11:12:21 PM
That's Yeoman Rand, isn't it?

Oh for fuck's sake. Is she wearing red? NO

Majel also played Lwaxana Troi on STNG.

I think (hope) that Yi meant that Janice Rand was who Wiggins was asking about.

celedhring

Admiral Yi

Zanza

Quote from: celedhring on September 09, 2016, 07:33:11 AM
Right on cue, the Zumwalt is getting commissioned: http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a22734/stealthy-destroyer-uss-zumwalt-ready-to-set-sail/
Why is a ship of that size categorized as destroyer? What are the criteria to categorize ships anyway?