The Kremlin Really Believes That Clinton Wants to Start a War With Russia

Started by jimmy olsen, September 07, 2016, 10:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

this really helps dispel the theories about a russia-trump connection because it explains why russia is so supporting of trump. they simply feel they'd have a better relationship with a trump presidency.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on September 08, 2016, 08:10:08 AM
this really helps dispel the theories about a russia-trump connection because it explains why russia is so supporting of trump. they simply feel they'd have a better relationship with a trump presidency.

Nah.  I don't think knowledgeable people believe for a second the claim that the Russian leadership thinks a Clinton administration would pose an existential threat to Russia.

Russia supports trump because they know that Trump and Putin are similar leaders, and that Trump will not resist Russian expansion at the expense of Ukraine and even NATO members.  Neither Putin nor Trump are in favor of the international status quo, and both would like to see Russia supplant the USA as the primary power broker in the Middle East and Europe.

The faux outrage against Clinton is designed to hide this convergence of interests, because the Russian leadership knows that few American voters would vote for Trump if they understood the implications of his isolationist foreign policy proposals.

The Russians need to be careful, though; if one can learn anything from Trump's business history, it is that he makes his money at the expense of his "allies," not his enemies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

it is certainly possible the sources intentionally fabricated the story, but I've no idea on how probable that is here

The Minsky Moment

The story is laugh out loud level BS. 

BTW do a google search on "Clinton Ehrlich" - apart from this piece he has no online existence.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2016, 09:52:24 AM
BTW do a google search on "Clinton Ehrlich" - apart from this piece he has no online existence.

Interesting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2016, 09:52:24 AM
The story is laugh out loud level BS. 

Didn't catch that. Ehrlich means "honest" in German. Presumably it's a pseudonym, though picking one that means "Clinton Honest" seems a bit too on the nose.

Syt

Hold your horses, the guy seems to have a Facebook profile that's been online for a few years at least: https://www.facebook.com/clinton.ehrlichquinn?ref=br_rs
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malicious Intent

The Larch

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 08, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
Hold your horses, the guy seems to have a Facebook profile that's been online for a few years at least: https://www.facebook.com/clinton.ehrlichquinn?ref=br_rs

Though that doesn't exactly say much about why he'd be a credible source/author.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2016, 12:19:51 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you people. You're the leaders of the free world and these are the two options you've come up with to lead you.

No shit.  We seriously need a do-over on both primaries.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Right I'm not suggesting that he doesn't exist at all.  Just questioning his credibility and bona fides.  The FB page- which shows a picture of a young looking student and contains no other information other than he just started studying in Russia as a visiting researcher - tends to confirm those concerns.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Yeah, I've seen this page not found guy before.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on September 08, 2016, 02:29:27 PM

Yeah, I've seen this page not found guy before.

If you have facebook, then you can access that link. :)