News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Cal plan a cruise

Started by Caliga, August 28, 2016, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Your old pal Cal is looking into the possibility of going on a cruise this coming December.

Right now I'm looking at two itineraries:

One leaves from Miami and stops in San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts.

The other leaves from San Juan and stops in Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas.

Are any of the above places either super awesome or total shitholes?  The cruise line is Celebrity.  I'm open to other suggestions except Carnival (sorry, I don't go on ghetto cruises), and had also been looking at Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Princess.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Oh, and no to Disney Cruises. :bleeding:

HVC

Hope you like diarrhea as a group activity.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

lol,

All about the Carnival Norovirus

If your friends could see you now! Shitting your guts out.

Valmy

I have only been on one cruise in my life so I probably can only wish you luck here :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Can't remember which saint it was, but when I went to the US VI I thought it was very meh.

Caliga

Maladict

CountDeMoney

Cunard?  Fuck that. Their shit goes to the bottom. 

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2016, 06:44:15 PM
Cunard?  Fuck that. Their shit goes to the bottom.

At least they go to the bottom in style.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Monoriu

My parents took me to a cruise trip once.  It was a long time ago, but if I were to plan such a trip, I would do two things differently.

1. Bigger does not necessarily mean better.  Cruise companies often advertise how huge their ships are.  I accept that bigger ships may have more amenities, but that's not always the case.  It also means that more people with compete with you.  If I plan a cruise ship, I will look for a smaller boat but with a bigger room, a better amenities/passengers ratio etc.

2. There was a huge amount of food, and they made sure that it was served in an appropriate manner.  But the quality of the food was so-so.  I will read the food reviews carefully and pick a ship with better restaurants.

Ed Anger

Paula Deen used to have a cruise. Cal would like that. Butter wrapped butter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Mal: That is a major reason for why I want to visit St. Maarten actually. :lol:

Mono:  I'm not looking at the biggest class of ships, for exactly that reason.  Also, Celebrity has the highest marks for dining of all of the major lines. :cool: