News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paranoid people go to doctors

Started by Phillip V, July 02, 2009, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Jaron on July 03, 2009, 05:17:58 AM
Could I have something like that? I've had a stomach ache all week and it has me worried. :(

It's probably just worms.

Monoriu

Paranoid people probably live longer though.

Lucidor

Not really. All that worry makes them depressed and the stress leads to cardiovascular disease and cancer.

Iormlund

Quote from: Jaron on July 03, 2009, 05:17:58 AM
Could I have something like that? I've had a stomach ache all week and it has me worried. :(

Not without a lot of other symptoms. Now if you are suffering vomiting, diarrhea _or_ see mucus or bloody stools in addition to pain, you should visit your doctor anyway.

Jaron

I think I better go to bed. :x Thanks Iorm.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

Quote from: Lucidor on July 03, 2009, 05:33:15 AM
Not really. All that worry makes them depressed and the stress leads to cardiovascular disease and cancer.

Isn't it one of the reasons why females live longer - that they are more willing to see doctors?

Iormlund

I doubt that Mono. They live longer even where there's no decent medical assistance.

Quote from: Jaron on July 03, 2009, 05:36:31 AM
I think I better go to bed. :x Thanks Iorm.

:lol:
Don't ask about what you don't want to hear. ;)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Quote from: Monoriu on July 03, 2009, 05:36:53 AM
Isn't it one of the reasons why females live longer - that they are more willing to see doctors?
Well, one should still always go for the recommended periodic checkups and cleanings, which is the key to the preventive care that the uninsured miss out on.
And if certain trigger events occur. For example, I have a colleague that was bitten by a deer tick, but waited until the ring to show up on his skin, whereas the recommended protocol is to report to a hospital/doctor right away and store the tick for testing.

Ed Anger

I'm glad I got a mole checked a few months ago, just to drive up everybody's health costs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2009, 11:27:41 AM
I'm glad I got a mole checked a few months ago, just to drive up everybody's health costs.

Lucidor

Quote from: Phillip V on July 03, 2009, 11:24:57 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 03, 2009, 05:36:53 AM
Well, one should still always go for the recommended periodic checkups and cleanings, which is the key to the preventive care that the uninsured miss out on.
And if certain trigger events occur. For example, I have a colleague that was bitten by a deer tick, but waited until the ring to show up on his skin, whereas the recommended protocol is to report to a hospital/doctor right away and store the tick for testing.
It is? I thought that was paranoid... It's borreliosis we're talking about, not some exotic zoonose?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Lucidor on July 03, 2009, 05:24:00 AM
I woke up with a headache today. Could I have: brain cancer?
It's not a tumor!
PDH!