News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fuck it, Jews can be just as bad.

Started by Martinus, August 17, 2016, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Think Marti had an Jewish boyfriend for a while :)

Perhaps he made that all about him and you got confused. But no, that doesn't sound like Marti at all :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

I still do. Sixth anniversary this summer. :P

Although admittedly his Jewishness is more of an affectation.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Hamilcar

All Abrahamics faiths are deeply flawed and malevolent at their core. The only redeeming feature of Ultra-orthodox Jews is that (for the most part) they keep to themselves.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2016, 04:11:03 PM
But that has as much to do with fire-and-brimstone Christianity as the cult of Akhenaten had with the old style Egyptian pantheon. You guys are just much more enlightened than most other Christians.

If the implication is that the cult of Akhenaten was more "enlightened" than traditional Egyptian religion it is a mistaken premise.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2016, 04:47:44 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 17, 2016, 04:15:29 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 17, 2016, 04:09:01 PM
I was under the impression you were Jewish Marty.

:huh: He tips his boyfriends.

That's probably underplaying it.

This is how an "assist" is scored in professional sports, kids.

Razgovory

Is anyone surprised by Marty's reaction?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2016, 04:09:21 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2016, 04:05:52 PM
But I do think Abrahamic religions are cancer. They stole a bunch of good ideas from Babylonians and Egyptians and completely distorted it. Time to call it quits and start something new.

Nah I'm good. Besides I am not sure the Egyptian and Babylonians had perfect societies we really need to be returning to. I prefer our current distorted one.
well, the Egyptians were certainly ahead of their time.  People already had walls were they could post cat pictures back then...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2016, 10:52:30 PM
But I do think Abrahamic religions are cancer. They stole a bunch of good ideas from Babylonians and Egyptians and completely distorted it. Time to call it quits and start something new.

Nah I'm good. Besides I am not sure the Egyptian and Babylonians had perfect societies we really need to be returning to. I prefer our current distorted one.
well, the Egyptians were certainly ahead of their time.  People already had walls were they could post cat pictures back then...

:lol:

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2016, 10:52:30 PM

Ok that's funny. :D