The Republican National Convention Megathread: Cleveland rocks!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 03, 2016, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Don't you already have fifteen other threads to masturbate to weapons?
Que le grand cric me croque !

alfred russel

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 18, 2016, 08:29:14 PM

just like how the open carry rednecks at the convention have a bunch of more appropriate places they can play with their guns? maybe 11b posting the pics here is like a metaphor.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2016, 07:05:54 PM
Just noticed the Marti t-shirt. "kind and sensitive person Hunt"  :lol:

Can anyone who has actually met Marti verify that it's not him?  :)

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on July 18, 2016, 09:09:26 PM

just like how the open carry rednecks at the convention have a bunch of more appropriate places they can play with their guns? maybe 11b posting the pics here is like a metaphor.

Ed started it. :blurgh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Someone's jealous!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Joni Ernst is Michelle Bachmann with a better hairdo.  Even has the same freshly-tasered 1,000-mile stare.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on July 18, 2016, 09:40:58 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 18, 2016, 09:09:26 PM

Ed started it. :blurgh:

Bullshit. But if I wanted to, I can bring any thread to its knees quickly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Archy

One of our lefty newspapers claim the speech of his wife was totally plagiarized of a speech from Michele Obama.
Any truth in that?

Monoriu

QuoteIn a section, Mrs Trump said: "My parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise; that you treat people with respect."

Mrs Obama's speech in 2008 carried the lines: "And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them."

Mrs Trump's speech continued: "[My parents] taught me to show the values and morals in my daily life. That is the lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow, because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

Mrs Obama said: "And Barack Obama and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generations. Because we want our children, and all children in this nation, to know that the only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

I think some speech writers will be fired  :ph34r:

Liep

The writing team responds:

I don't really know what to make of that unless they're saying that the plagiarised part was Melania's own writing thereby absolving themselves of that particular sin.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Hamilcar

QuoteFor many years now, Mr. Danny Kaye, who has been my particular idol since childbirth, has been doing a routine about the great Russian director Stanislavsky and the secret of success in the acting profession. And I thought it would be interesting to st... to adapt this idea to the field of mathematics. I always like to make explicit the fact that before I went off not too long ago to fight in the trenches, I was a mathematician by profession. I don't like people to get the idea that I have to do this for a living. I mean, it isn't as though I had to do this, you know, I could be making, oh, 3000 dollars a year just teaching.

Be that as it may, some of you may have had occasion to run into mathematicians and to wonder therefore how they got that way, and here, in partial explanation perhaps, is the story of the great Russian mathematician Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky.*

Who made me the genius I am today,
The mathematician that others all quote?
Who's the professor that made me that way,
The greatest that ever got chalk on his coat?

One man deserves the credit,
One man deserves the blame,
and Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name. Oy!
Nicolai Ivanovich Lobache...

I am never forget the day I first meet the great Lobachevsky.
In one word he told me secret of success in mathematics: Plagiarize!

Plagiarize,
Let no one else's work evade your eyes,
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes,
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize...
Only be sure always to call it please, "research".

And ever since I meet this man my life is not the same,
And Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name. Oy!

I am never forget the day I am given first original paper to write. It
was on Analytic and Algebraic Topology of Locally Euclidean Metrization
of Infinitely Differentiable Riemannian Manifold.
Bozhe moi!
This I know from nothing.**
But I think of great Lobachevsky and I get idea - haha!

I have a friend in Minsk,
Who has a friend in Pinsk,
Whose friend in Omsk
Has friend in Tomsk
With friend in Akmolinsk.
His friend in Alexandrovsk
Has friend in Petropavlovsk,
Whose friend somehow
Is solving now
The problem in Dnepropetrovsk.

And when his work is done -
Haha! - begins the fun.
From Dnepropetrovsk
To Petropavlovsk,
By way of Iliysk,
And Novorossiysk,
To Alexandrovsk to Akmolinsk
To Tomsk to Omsk
To Pinsk to Minsk
To me the news will run,
Yes, to me the news will run!

And then I write
By morning, night,
And afternoon,
And pretty soon
My name in Dnepropetrovsk is cursed,
When he finds out I published first!

And who made me a big success
And brought me wealth and fame?
Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name. Oy!

I am never forget the day my first book is published.
Every chapter I stole from somewhere else.
Index I copy from old Vladivostok telephone directory.
This book, this book was sensational!***
Pravda - ah, Pravda - Pravda said:
"Jeel beel kara ogoday blyum blocha jeli," ("It stinks").
But Izvestia! Izvestia said:
"Jai, do gudoo sun sai pere shcum," ("It stinks").
Metro-Goldwyn-Moskva bought the movie rights for six million rubles,
Changing title to 'The Eternal Triangle',
With Brigitte Bardot playing part of hypotenuse.****

And who deserves the credit?
And who deserves the blame?
Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name.
Oy!

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Quote from: alfred russel on July 19, 2016, 07:38:09 AM
This is the scandal that will finally sink Trump.

Probably not a lot went on on the first day, but that is the only news that made its way to Denmark. So in a way it's brilliant, it occupies/distracts the left while the right just doesn't care.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

None of Trump's supporters care;  hell, he doesn't even tell the truth and makes shit up all the time, why not his wife?

QuoteNew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie tried to tamp down the controversy, saying "93 percent of the speech is completely different" from the speech Mrs. Obama delivered. Christie said on NBC's "Today" show that the women "expressed some common thoughts." He did not explain how he arrived at the 93 percent figure.

QuoteOn CNN Tuesday morning, Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort offered an unexpected explanation: No one stole anything.
Manafort on CNN: "Well there is no cribbing of Michelle Obama's speech. These were common words and values and she cares about her family"
Manafort said Mrs. Trump was aware of "how her speech was going to be scrutinized" and said any notion that she picked up portions of Mrs. Obama's convention talk was "just absurd." He also tried to blame Hillary Clinton.
"I mean, this is, once again, an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down," Manafort said. "It's not going to work."

Jesus Christ, what a clown car.  :lol: