The Republican National Convention Megathread: Cleveland rocks!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 03, 2016, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: sbr on July 20, 2016, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 09:56:18 PM
Pence is giving a good speech.  I never really paid much attention to him before.

Creationist, Anti-Vaccine, signed a law that would make women to have a funeral for a fetus after have a miscarriage.  Sounds about right.

:blink:

Admiral Yi

At least he didn't sign a law that you have to take it home and sleep with it at least one night. :thumbsup:

sbr

Monoriu

I mean, this is in bonkers territory.  A lot of things in politics are debatable.  You can debate all day on whether you should raise taxes or lower them etc.  But making mothers hold funerals for fetuses should not be debatable - this shouldn't be considered worthy of discussion in the first place. 

CountDeMoney

This GOP should consider themselves lucky they have a candidate that can unite their party across all lines and divisions in Hillary Clinton.

sbr

Quote from: Monoriu on July 20, 2016, 10:40:01 PM
I mean, this is in bonkers territory.  A lot of things in politics are debatable.  You can debate all day on whether you should raise taxes or lower them etc.  But making mothers hold funerals for fetuses should not be debatable - this shouldn't be considered worthy of discussion in the first place.

Welcome to 'Murrica!!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on July 20, 2016, 10:40:01 PM

lol, the fetus funerals are the easy part.  Imagine being forced to carry to term a fetus with lethal disabilities, and then have to bury it when it dies. :showoff: 

So enjoy being forced to have a baby without a spinal cord.   Medical bills are on you, you dirty whore.  'Murrica!!

#BabiesWithoutBrainsLivesMatter

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 20, 2016, 08:06:18 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 20, 2016, 07:50:41 PM
I don't know, if the police occupy most units in my building, I'd feel...very safe.  The only downside is that I'll probably have to be very careful about things like speed limits when I drive, but otherwise there will be no problem from me.

Are you suggesting you own and drive a car in Hong Kong? I was under the impression that was only for the rich there.

Yeah people like mono  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Mr Pence does hold interesting views.

Donald Trump's new running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, holds a few unconventional views, according to The New York Times.

"Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill," he wrote on his old Mike Pence for Congress website in 1998, BuzzFeed first reported more than a year ago.

He warned his readers that the Food and Drug Administration's tobacco regulation is an action of "big government," and that a government large "enough to go after smokers is big enough to go after you," Pence said on his website, according to BuzzFeed.

"Global warming is a myth," "[Bill] Clinton must be impeached" for a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky and "George Washington was a Republican" round out the list of Pence's old op-eds.

Pence, who often says he is "a Christian, conservative and a Republican, in that order" has opposed his party a few times. He refused to support GOP programs like No Child Left Behind and the Medicare prescription drug benefit, according to the Times.
His most contested decision as governor was approving a 2015 law that could have made it easier for religious conservatives to refuse their services to same-sex couples, the newspaper said. The law was ultimately revised.

"Mike sees himself as a champion of a very culturally conservative set of values that represent small-town Middle America. He sees his role as protecting them," Leslie Lenkowsky, who has known the governor for two decades, told the Times.
CNBC has reached out to Pence's office for comment.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/15/mike-pence-donald-trumps-vp-pick-smoking-doesnt-kill.html

I have heard of global warming deniers.  I am not aware that some people still deny that smoking kills, except tobacco companies. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 20, 2016, 10:33:28 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 20, 2016, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 09:56:18 PM
Pence is giving a good speech.  I never really paid much attention to him before.

Creationist, Anti-Vaccine, signed a law that would make women to have a funeral for a fetus after have a miscarriage.  Sounds about right.

:blink:

Huh. I was not aware a person could be required by law to hold a ceremony. What is the legal definition of a funeral?

And creationist and anti-vaccine? Like some kind of evil combination of the worst aspects of insane right wingers and insane left wingers put together.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

OttoVonBismarck

Trump gave a concerning foreign policy interview yesterday in which he said he wouldn't necessarily come to the defense of a NATO member who was attacked and that people shouldn't criticise Erdogan's coup response since he did what was necessary "when you have policemen dying in the streets."

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 21, 2016, 07:52:17 AM
Trump gave a concerning foreign policy interview yesterday in which he said he wouldn't necessarily come to the defense of a NATO member who attacked and that people shouldn't criticise Erdogan's coup responde since he did what was necessary "when you have policemen dying in the streets."

:bleeding: Holy shit
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."