News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Privileged Are You

Started by garbon, June 20, 2016, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I love that garbose Martinus has to stoop to accessing buzzfeed Breitbart to feed his persecution complex. With his education, job and flat in central London Europe, he is one of the most privileged people here. But he sucks dick, so he has it worse than a starving child in Ethiopia, apparently.

Berkut

How many different ways can they score a point for someone who is gay?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 20, 2016, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2016, 02:29:13 PM
This guidance from the central committee on who we should feel sorry for is very helpful.

I love that garbose has to stoop to accessing buzzfeed to feed his persecution complex. With his education, job and flat in central London, he is one of the most privileged people here. But he sucks dick, so he has it worse than a starving child in Ethiopia, apparently.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

And this seems very much focused on, say, north american college students.  My parents don't pay my bills because I'm in my 40s.  Same thing - I have no student debt because I've been out of school for 16 years.

And where are the "I am not a refugee", or "My village was not taken over by anti-government rebels", or "I've never witnessed a warcrime".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2016, 02:41:33 PM
And this seems very much focused on, say, north american college students.  My parents don't pay my bills because I'm in my 40s.  Same thing - I have no student debt because I've been out of school for 16 years.

And where are the "I am not a refugee", or "My village was not taken over by anti-government rebels", or "I've never witnessed a warcrime".

It's a dishonest propaganda piece. I don't think you should expect much.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

You gotta know your target audience.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

To be fair those are the people most likely to sit around trying to figure out how privileged they are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

A lot of these I have no idea. What extent do I have to be discriminated against because of my skin color in order for it to count? I feel like it would have to be something more significant than being told that 'sorry I don't date white dudes'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Not reading buzzfeed. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2016, 02:44:59 PM
A lot of these I have no idea. What extent do I have to be discriminated against because of my skin color in order for it to count? I feel like it would have to be something more significant than being told that 'sorry I don't date white dudes'.

Then that probably doesn't count. ;)

dps

Yeah, the survey scores "My parents pay some of my bills" as a point of privilege.  I score it as an indication of loserdom.

And apparently, people who have cable are more privileged than people who've ditched cable for satellite.  I'd buy that back in the 80s, when trailer trash had those 10-ft satellite dishes in their yards, but not now.  And I've not always had cable anyway, because I'm old enough that back when I was a little kid, nobody had cable--everybody had a TV antenna on their roof or on a 20-ft or so tall pole in their yard.

The Brain

Quote from: dps on June 20, 2016, 02:46:34 PM

Yeah, the survey scores "My parents pay some of my bills" as a point of privilege.  I score it as an indication of loserdom.

And apparently, people who have cable are more privileged than people who've ditched cable for satellite.  I'd buy that back in the 80s, when trailer trash had those 10-ft satellite dishes in their yards, but not now.  And I've not always had cable anyway, because I'm old enough that back when I was a little kid, nobody had cable--everybody had a TV antenna on their roof or on a 20-ft or so tall pole in their yard.

You had a Pole? :console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

if you don't have a tan and someone has commented on it, that counts  :)

Admiral Yi

Has someone made fun of the way you dance?