News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UEFA Euro 2016

Started by Zanza, May 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on July 08, 2016, 04:38:48 AM
It's not like the French don't have anything authentic. They invented the word poseur, for one.

Harsh!

:lmfao:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 08, 2016, 04:49:43 AM
They even had to steal a word for entrepreneur.

:lol:

Cue in linguistic jihad from the usual suspect.  :frog:

Gups

Good game. First time I've ever supported the Germans in a match so the outcome was sadly guaranteed. Germany and Italy were the best teams in the tournament IMO.

FunkMonk

Not gonna lie. I would like to see Ronaldo win a major international tournament. Fitting after Messi just said he's retiring from international duty  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on July 07, 2016, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 07, 2016, 06:57:39 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2016, 05:03:35 PM
Well shit.
This sucks.
Now no matter who wins the final we lose.

No, there is a chance we can still stop Ronaldo from winning anything. We stopped Messi, we can stop Ronaldo!
hes not so bad. A bit floppy, but he does a tone of charity work. I'd be nice for his legacy to win  a eurocup.

No, no. Floppy football must die.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 08, 2016, 06:11:10 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 07, 2016, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 07, 2016, 06:57:39 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2016, 05:03:35 PM
Well shit.
This sucks.
Now no matter who wins the final we lose.

No, there is a chance we can still stop Ronaldo from winning anything. We stopped Messi, we can stop Ronaldo!
hes not so bad. A bit floppy, but he does a tone of charity work. I'd be nice for his legacy to win  a eurocup.

No, no. Floppy football must die.

Relax, Müller is out of the tournament.

Liep

There was a pretty good article about Ronaldo vs. Messi in a Danish newspaper: "You're hating the wrong guy". Basically they wondered about the reason people loves the tax dodging Messi and hate Ronaldo and if it really shouldn't be the other way around.

This tournament Ronaldo might have flopped, might have cried over invisible free kicks, but he has had penalties committed against him that wasn't called, he did have enough of a mind about him to include an adventurous ballboy in a photo. And apparently he's quite philanthropical.

Well, I'm still on team France. :P :frog:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

It's the attitude that's the matter with Ronaldo. Even though it's fully deserved.

As I say, so much to admire but so little to like.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

So double standards are cool again for fake/snobbish/ignorant football "fans"? Great!  :lol:

PS: added ignorant for Le Renard Gris

Grey Fox

Ronaldo fails at of the most important things in sports.

#1 Act like you've been there before
#2 Hard works gets results, not complaining.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Yeah I refuse to ignore his childish antics and such just because he is a great football player.

If for nothing else, then to thereby raise the value of those great football players who manage to be such without also being juvenile assholes.

Duque de Bragança

http://euro2016.sic.pt/euro2016/2016-07-08-Confrontos-nos-Campos-Eliseos-apos-o-Franca---Alemanha

"Party" in the Champs-Élysées after the French victory, French-style. Involving "youths".

Elsewhere, a 60-year old died in a brawl, collateral damage, in Belfort, Eastern France, South of Alsace.

http://www.sudouest.fr/2016/07/08/apres-france-allemagne-un-mort-dans-une-rixe-a-belfort-des-incidents-a-paris-2428701-766.php

I guess more "fun" is coming, whatever the result on Sunday.

The Larch

The only people who like Cristiano Ronaldo are the supporters of the team he plays for. He is supremely annoying to anyone else. I can appreciate lots of his qualities, he is extremely professional, focused and self disciplined, a supreme athlete, and one of the best players I've ever seen play, but at the same time he is incredibly ennerving.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on July 08, 2016, 11:59:21 AM
The only people who like Cristiano Ronaldo are the supporters of the team he plays for. He is supremely annoying to anyone else. I can appreciate lots of his qualities, he is extremely professional, focused and self disciplined, a supreme athlete, and one of the best players I've ever seen play, but at the same time he is incredibly ennerving.

There are a number of women and gay guys that also like him.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Threviel

One thing that got me thinking: How come the British royal family only seemed to visit England's games? Aren't they as much royalty over Wales and Northern Ireland? At the very least they should have been there for NIR-WAL and WAL-POR? Or what am I missing? Perhaps that they were there?