No
18 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Admiral Yi

I can't remember the plot to a single A Team episode. :huh:

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2009, 06:03:19 PM

Well if you ever manage to remember the plot to a single episode You'll be glad to know it works for all episodes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

There was this hilarious one set in New Guinea where the A-Team was transporting a crystal skull back to the states and their plane crashed over the jungle.  A native tribe found it and, long story short, Murdock was worshipped as a God, a bunch of phony Catholic monks tried to steal it, and many explosions later, the skull was retrieved and the Team was only mildly yelled at by Robert Vaughn.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Someone was in trouble with a criminal gang/evil business interest
They alert the A-Team by meeting with the leader, who is always disguised, or with their pet reporter
The A-Team shows up, but falls into a trap or somehow fails
The A-Team builds a ramshackle device to help them chase off the bad guys, along with some non-lethal gunplay
The A-Team escapes, usually right ahead of the army guys who are hunting them
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

The episode I outlined above doesn't fit that formula, but I think it was late in the show's run so maybe they were experimenting more in an effort to save the show.  That Mexican dude who they added late in the series was in it IIRC.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Fuck Robert Vaughn. That was Fake-Team.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

I love wikipedia:

QuoteIn April 2009, Mr T was called for jury duty in Chicago. He showed up in court but was not chosen. Afterwards he signed autographs and posed for pictures
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

The A-Team was not right wing (they organized a labour union in one episode) nor left wing (they fought Nazis in one episode) they were entertainment and a means of dealing with the Trauma of Vietnam. They were good guys treated badly after they returned after honourable service. They suffered persecution with good grace. They had their own little dolchstoss to deal with like it seems every vet feels he did.

I read the first review by the Guardian of the A-Team which did a marxian review of the tv show. It's a show about good guys doing good things, and these guys self identify with the Vietnam Vets.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jaron

What does left wing have to do with fighting nazis? :mellow:

I'm left wing and I fight derspiess almost every damn day.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Savonarola

Quote from: Neil on June 29, 2009, 06:10:26 PM
They alert the A-Team by meeting with the leader, who is always disguised, or with their pet reporter
The A-Team builds a ramshackle device to help them chase off the bad guys, along with some non-lethal gunplay

Between falling into a trap or somehow failing and building the device; the A-Team was invariably locked in The Tool Shed.  You would have thought villains would have watched a couple episodes of that and learned not to lock MacGyver up in the tool shed.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2009, 06:14:52 PM
The episode I outlined above doesn't fit that formula, but I think it was late in the show's run so maybe they were experimenting more in an effort to save the show.  That Mexican dude who they added late in the series was in it IIRC.

They switched things around a lot in the last season.  Then they were working for the army as they waited for their pardons to come through.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

No group of conservative vigilante's in the early 70's had a black guy in their ranks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2009, 12:22:46 AM
No group of conservative vigilante's in the early 70's had a black guy in their ranks.

The Avengers?

They weren't State sanctioned 'till the late seventies.

citizen k

Quote from: Iormlund on June 29, 2009, 06:00:50 PM
Maybe because Americans are at heart Frog wannabes. It is hard to be as annoying as our neighbors without speaking their damned language and burning our trucks, though.
I thought the French had their revolution because they were American wannabes.  ;)

BVN

Quote from: Neil on June 29, 2009, 06:10:26 PM
And every show there were a few car accidents where the cars invariably hit something with their wheels on one side of the car and landed on their roofs...  <_<