News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on November 29, 2016, 04:41:09 PM
The all conference teams were announced today.

Arizona did not have a single player on the All-Pac12 first team. Or the second team.

UDub had 13 :P
USC at 9
Colorado 7

if i counted right.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

I haven't verified, but I don't think Notre Dame had anyone named first or second team all conference.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on November 29, 2016, 05:09:18 PM
I haven't verified, but I don't think Notre Dame had anyone named first or second team all conference.
:mellow: wiseass

alfred russel

Arizona did not have a single player on the All-Pac12 first team. Or the second team.

Supposedly Rich Rod has a pretty great recruiting class coming in, so hopefully things will get better. Honestly, I hope they give him quite a bit of time and space, assuming he is doing things the right way. If he is doing things the not right way, and still losing, then of course he has to go, but I  can be pretty patient if it just takes time to establish the program. These days it seems like the amount of time given coaches is well short of the amount of time it can reasonable be expected to take a school like Arizona from mediocrity to consistent contention.

Great article here about this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677700-cheat-or-go-home-inside-the-dysfunctional-hell-of-becoming-a-cfb-coach?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Berkut, barring a recruiting meltdown, everyone thinks they have a good class coming in. You should have fired Rich Rod.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Yeah they had a well touted class so far.

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on November 29, 2016, 05:11:50 PM

Supposedly Rich Rod has a pretty great recruiting class coming in, so hopefully things will get better. Honestly, I hope they give him quite a bit of time and space, assuming he is doing things the right way. If he is doing things the not right way, and still losing, then of course he has to go, but I  can be pretty patient if it just takes time to establish the program. These days it seems like the amount of time given coaches is well short of the amount of time it can reasonable be expected to take a school like Arizona from mediocrity to consistent contention.

Great article here about this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677700-cheat-or-go-home-inside-the-dysfunctional-hell-of-becoming-a-cfb-coach?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Berkut, barring a recruiting meltdown, everyone thinks they have a good class coming in. You should have fired Rich Rod.

I don't care if HE thinks he had a good class, I care whether or not those who job it is to objectively review recruiting classes thinks he had a good class.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Just in Pac-12 look at Graham and Mora at ASU and UCLA who both having issues as well. So it isn't just Rich Rod and Wildcats.

katmai

katmai

PDH

Well, shit.

Wyoming lost the Mountain West Championship.  Oh well, 8-5 is a hell of a lot better than 2-10 of last year.  Let us just keep winning...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

The best thing about the Alabama-Florida game today was the Dr. Pepper commercial with Steve Spurrier.

And fuck Penn State, too.

Eddie Teach

QuoteWas Penn State's explosive comeback enough for playoff bid?

Only if they take Ohio State's slot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 04, 2016, 01:25:25 AM
QuoteWas Penn State's explosive comeback enough for playoff bid?

Only if they take Ohio State's slot.

Which they are not going to do.

Penn State is going to the Rose Bowl to play Colorado.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

QuotePenn State's explosive comeback

Was that the shower scene?