Chart a Course Through the Work of a Recently Deceased Cultural Icon.

Started by mongers, January 15, 2016, 03:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

We've lost several noted culture icons in the last month, so I'd ask you to pick one of our losses from the last couple of years, be they musician, actor, artist or writer and chart for us an illustrative course through the body of their work, so us less familiar with it might appreciate their achievements?

I'll have a stab at the music of Lemmy, just listen to 'Space Ritual' a live album to appreciate the work he did before founding Motorhead, it shows him as the key part of a powerful rhythm section and at his and Hawkwind peak for that type of music.

Do try either 'Bomber' or 'Overkill' for a glimpse of Motorhead now fully formed or just skip to their classic 'Ace of Spades'

Finish with 'No Sleep 'Til Hammer', arguably the definitive record of them as a live act. 

That it, three albums is enough to get a flavour of the Lemmy's work. I know Motorhead when on to do many more albums in the 80s and 90s but with exception of a few oddities, much of the later output was in large part a restatement of the past and someone diluted by rubbing shoulders with various types of metal.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Jan Monrad died a few months ago, a Danish comedian who ruled televised comedy in the 90's together with Rislund.

Knepper De?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYfXc9V8F4

:(

All in Danish so no need to add more of his oeuvre here. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk