News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

What rain god did we anger that they replaced game 7 of the world series with pete rose and alex rodriguez?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 02, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 02, 2016, 10:29:41 PM
Why isn't Doctor Strikeout bunting?  :huh:

Anyone have an answer to this question?  Tie game, man on first, no outs, batter going through the little ice age, why in the world do you not bunt?

Maddon was saving his bunt call until he had a guy at the plate with 2 strikes and a runner on third.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 02, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
Anyone have an answer to this question?  Tie game, man on first, no outs, batter going through the little ice age, why in the world do you not bunt?

He has 2 sacs.  Lifetime.  I'm guessing he sucks at it.
Anyone have a start card for him with a bunt rating?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Whew.  That was some tense shit.  Thank you everyone for your support and God bless.

alfred russel

I think we should let Theo Epstein run America.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Good for the Cubbies.

Of course, this ushers in a new Age of Darkness heralded by the God-Emperor that will cast mankind into the blackness of evil for 10,000 years, but hey, at least Bill Murray's happy. 

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Two really good teams with two of the best defenses in the game played a pretty sloppy messy (though exciting) game, with stellar pitching talent struggling to get outs.  Stating the obvious but the post-season is too long.  Everyone was just gassed out there.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on November 02, 2016, 11:52:08 PM
I think we should let Theo Epstein run America.

No shit.  And his wife/squeeze looked hott too.

Nope.  Google says I'm wrong.

Syt

Always sad when a long running streak breaks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.