News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's In Your Wallet?

Started by mongers, January 05, 2016, 06:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

FWIW there's an app for phones called Key Ring that lets you scan in your loyalty cards and really any other card with a barcode, and then you can present your phone instead of the physical card. I did that for all of my loyalty cards other than one grocery store card, library card, etc. It's never failed to work, although clerks sometimes look at me weird when I ask them to scan my phone. Only in the rare case where they use an old style scanner will it fail to scan from your phone screen.

Syt

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 06, 2016, 01:33:27 AM
FWIW there's an app for phones called Key Ring that lets you scan in your loyalty cards and really any other card with a barcode, and then you can present your phone instead of the physical card. I did that for all of my loyalty cards other than one grocery store card, library card, etc. It's never failed to work, although clerks sometimes look at me weird when I ask them to scan my phone. Only in the rare case where they use an old style scanner will it fail to scan from your phone screen.

The supermarkets that offer loyalty cards here have apps that you can use that also have the barcode in there, but I find it more of a hassle to pull out my phone, start the app, go to the barcode than just pulling the card out of my wallet. It's not uncommon, though, that people use it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Two debit cards, two credit cards, business cards (freelance), business card (old job), car breakdown service card, driving licence, £10.59 cash, six shop loyalty cards, English Civil War Society membership card, three loyalty stamp cards (buy 10 hot lunches get one free etc.), two books of first class stamps, work health scheme membership card, blood donor card, European Health Insurance card, car-wash loyalty card, local cab company card, library card, and the business card of the woman who runs the local eco wine bar.

Oyster Card and company door card in a separate wallet.

celedhring

- Spanish ID card.
- One debit card (I don't use CCs)
- Expired NRA membership card (memento from my times in the US)
- Screenwriter guild membership card.
- 2 loyalty cards of a couple store chains.
- Library card.
- Shedloads of business cards from other people, that I should store somewhere else.
- A few business cards from my favorite restaurants.
- Some old receipts from buying stuff, I should bin them.
- A couple of expired coupons.
- Photo of me and my brother, 4 years old (mom gave it to me years ago).
- 60ish€ and some coins.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Maladict

2 debit cards (in the process of switching banks)
credit card
public transport pass
ID
office keycard
medical insurance card
german railway discount card
museum card (free entrance to all dutch museums)
loyalty cards for supermarket and bookstore

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 06, 2016, 06:38:25 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 06, 2016, 06:12:17 AM
- Expired NRA membership card (memento from my times in the US)

:huh:

:lol:

When I lived in NY I produced a short film for a friend. It had an army setting so we had to procure a bunch of army gear and such. We bought a bunch of stuff from an army surplus store; gas masks, ammo pouches, empty mags, etc... The bill ran a few hundred, and the clerk added a free NRA membership on top. I guess they identified me as a potential gun nut.  :lol:

I never paid any dues, nor extended my membership past the free period, but I kept the card.

mongers

Can I say most languishites are 'careful' with their money otherwise why so many loyalty cards?  :D

I think from our sample, supermarket/grocer loyalty schemes have a greater penetration than with the with the wider public? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Mine is not a loyalty card, it's really just a stamp card. 2 away from a free sandwich!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Two credit cards, one debit card, one cab card, ID, office access card.

Grey Fox

Different cards required to live by & insurance proof.

and most importantly :

A picture of my kids.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

2 ID cards (Portuguese and French)
- 1 (German) debit card and a (French) credit card
- Driving license (though I don't need to carry it around since I use public transportation)
- German railway discount card (like Maladict! :o) plus a French railway fidelity card
- 2 Cinema cards (Cinémathèque and Gaumont-Pathé)
- Voter card
- Fnac (kind of Barnes & Nobles chain) fidelity card
- Youth hostel membership card
- Lufthansa miles card (not exactly useful every day)
- Métro tickets
- Paris public library card
- 10 € in coins (higher than average today) plus some euro banknotes, around 20-30 €.
- Blood type card

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on January 06, 2016, 09:04:06 AM
Can I say most languishites are 'careful' with their money otherwise why so many loyalty cards?  :D

I think from our sample, supermarket/grocer loyalty schemes have a greater penetration than with the with the wider public? :unsure:

Really? Nearly everyone I know has one, most have several.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 06, 2016, 09:39:27 AM
- German railway discount card (like Maladict! :o) plus a French railway fidelity card

My gf lives in Germany so I travel there regularly. What's your excuse?  :P