Gazprom and Nigeria deal

Started by Solmyr, June 28, 2009, 03:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8118721.stm

Gazprom seals $2.5bn Nigeria deal
Gazprom building
Gazprom could increase its power over European supplies

Russia's energy giant Gazprom has signed a $2.5bn (£1.53bn) deal with Nigeria's state operated NNPC, to invest in a new joint venture.

The new firm, to be called Nigaz, is set to build refineries, pipelines and gas power stations in Nigeria.

Russian/Nigerian consultants fail on name selection. :D

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Admiral Yi

Martinus

Serious Pipeline-Hitting Nigaz.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2009, 07:11:53 AM
Serious Pipeline-Hitting Nigaz.
:lol:

Now that Martinus has a single outlet for his Gayness, he's suddenly become funny and insightful.  Wish we'd found that out half a decade ago! 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

This smells of double standards to me.  Where is the outrage over naming a country "Nigeria"?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: DGuller on July 02, 2009, 01:22:33 PM
This smells of double standards to me.  Where is the outrage over naming a country "Nigeria"?

Or their northern neighbour, Niger?

KRonn

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 02, 2009, 01:25:54 PM
Or their northern neighbour, Niger?

As a kid I mispronounced that word the bad way, quite innocently, which the other kids found hilarious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point