News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2016

Started by mongers, December 20, 2015, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Impressively done, Mal! :cheers:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

My "go on holiday" diet plan never fails. I dropped several kg in my week away (how many is hard to know in this heat)
If I can keep up a minimum of exercise to make my metabolism go and keep eating one meal a day I might finally hit my long held target of dropping below 80.

Of course. This place being so boring that there is no drinking to be done probably contributes too. But every cloud.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Amazing performance, Maladict! :)

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on July 24, 2016, 02:14:21 PM
My "go on holiday" diet plan never fails. I dropped several kg in my week away (how many is hard to know in this heat)
If I can keep up a minimum of exercise to make my metabolism go and keep eating one meal a day I might finally hit my long held target of dropping below 80.

Of course. This place being so boring that there is no drinking to be done probably contributes too. But every cloud.

I don't think eating one meal a day is the best method to lose weight. Three small meals would be better.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Just got back from the gym after not going for an age. Feel great now but I can already tell I'll likely be crippled tomorrow. :showoff: :blush: -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

80 km ride yesterday, the bike was rolling nice and silently.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 29, 2016, 04:54:07 AM
80 km ride yesterday, the bike was rolling nice and silently.

:cool:

Always a nice feeling when everything working well.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

I think I'm screwed. I'm supposed to start climbing Mt. Rainier on Monday week (9 days from now).

To test my ankle, I went to Kennesaw Mountain today. I went up the mountain 3 times, probably about 2000 ft of elevation gain. I gave up after that--my ankle was really hurting, and my hip flexor a bit as well (possibly because of a limp I developed as my ankle hurt). Going down was a motherfucker.

The first day on Rainier involves 4700 feet of elevation gain, with a 40-45 pack (I wasn't carrying weight today).

The one hope I may have is that I was wearing an ankle brace under a mountaineering boot today (I'm probably the first person going up and down that mountain in Georgia in July in an insulated mountaineering boot designed for glacier travel--but it is the most stabilizing footwear I have). The pain was really concentrated along the solid part of the brace. Maybe I'll do better if I ditch the brace and just tape the ankle or maybe even skip the tape as well and rely on the boot alone for support.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

I'm also have this bump on the inside of my shin - the same one with the broken ankle - about 4 inches above the ankle. It predates the break by a couple months (when I sprained the same ankle is when I noticed it).

The orthopedic doctor x-rayed it and said nothing is wrong, and my primary care doctor said it is bone that healed "extra high" from a previous injury and nothing is wrong. Ok, they went to med school, but pain is really concentrated there as well.

It really seems to me that it might be a bad shin splint. Anyone had something like this?

I go back to the orthopedic doctor on Tuesday, and I'll ask him about this again.

Eddie Teach

I've lost 75 pounds since May. So easy I did it lying down.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 30, 2016, 05:49:51 PM
I've lost 75 pounds since May. So easy I did it lying down.

That sounds really bad. is everything okay?

Eddie Teach

Except for the diabetes the busted kidneys and the rotting foot, yeah.

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 30, 2016, 09:54:07 PM
Except for the diabetes the busted kidneys and the rotting foot, yeah.

That sounds really bad. Are you going to lose your foot or get on dialysis?

Eddie Teach

Been on dialysis for the last 2 months. Probably going to lose the toes.

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 31, 2016, 11:25:53 AM
Been on dialysis for the last 2 months. Probably going to lose the toes.

:( Are you on a transplant list?

I have to say, though, that I have long considered you the languishite best suited for a wooden leg.  :P