News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Planned Parenthood Shooting Kills Three

Started by jimmy olsen, November 27, 2015, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

This will probably get lost in the noise over the San Bernandino shooting, but the Planned Parenthood shooter was an evangelical Christian with a history with abortion clinics.
http://time.com/4133513/planned-parenthood-shooter-vandalized-clinic/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook
Quote from: Ex Wife"He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but he does not follow the Bible in his actions," Micheau wrote. "He says as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 03, 2015, 05:49:13 PM
This will probably get lost in the noise over the San Bernandino shooting, but the Planned Parenthood shooter was an evangelical Christian with a history with abortion clinics.
http://time.com/4133513/planned-parenthood-shooter-vandalized-clinic/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook
Quote from: Ex Wife"He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but he does not follow the Bible in his actions," Micheau wrote. "He says as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."

Him and ISIL are two sides of the same coin. A poorly stuck one at that, using a debased ideology.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 03, 2015, 05:49:13 PM

Completely coincidental.  Why, those responsible were right there before our very eyes the whole time!

QuoteGOP lawmaker: Planned Parenthood is the 'real culprit' in the shooting

"The true instigator of this violence and all violence at any Planned Parenthood facility is Planned Parenthood themselves." — Rep. JoAnn Windholz on the attack and killing of three at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic.

http://www.coloradoindependent.com/156450/gop-lawmaker-planned-parenthood-is-the-real-culprit-in-the-shooting

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 11:37:22 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on December 03, 2015, 10:20:09 PM
:blink:

What? Blaming the victim has a long and proud tradition here.

But a lawmaker saying that seems totally bizarre.  They should know better. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on December 03, 2015, 11:41:51 PM

This is a state law maker. While there are many excellent and fine local government lawmakers the public does not pay attention that much, so it tends to be have a lot of extremists and fruitcakes.

So they have provincial or local committees or something in China? This person has that level of prestige. Even the people in her district do not pay that much attention to what they just elected.

Razgovory

I think a Congressmen did something similar.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 11:45:51 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on December 03, 2015, 11:41:51 PM

This is a state law maker. While there are many excellent and fine local government lawmakers the public does not pay attention that much, so it tends to be have a lot of extremists and fruitcakes.

So they have provincial or local committees or something in China? This person has that level of prestige. Even the people in her district do not pay that much attention to what they just elected.

I think there are far more local level committees in China, as there are five levels of government.  Village, town, prefecture, province, central. 

Martinus

As with Muslim extremism and violence, devout Christians definitely bear a part of blame for this guy, with their fire and brimstone rhetoric and bullshit. I don't mean people like Valmy and the like, but definitely the likes of Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz. Religion (like some crazy ideologies, like racism) appeals to fools and nuts, and the alarmist hellfire rhetoric definitely spurs these nuts into violent action.

When Huckabee and Cruz embrace and endorse (their claims of ignorance notwithstanding) hate preachers like Kevin Swanson, that is directly equivalent to some Saudi moguls embracing wahhabist preachers. Today it's a Planned Parenthood clinic, tomorrow it will be a gay wedding or a liberal comedy show. I am surprised more pressure is not put on evangelical Christian leaders over this.

Martinus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 30, 2015, 10:30:13 AM
:huh:

This is the quote from the linked article:  "It's also been reported that he was registered as an independent and a woman and a transgendered leftist activist. If that's what he is, I don't think it's fair to blame on the rhetoric on the left. This is a murderer."

The difference is that prominent politicians who support independent, women or transgendered issues are not publicly meeting and endorsing independent, women or transgendered extremists (assuming such exist) who advocate, say, killing all Republicans or all men.

Prominent Christian evangelical politicians (including Ted Cruz) have actually met and endorsed (even though most of them later claimed ignorance) with an evangelical preacher advocating putting all gay people to death, on the other hand.

It's simply mind boggling not only what the religulous get away with in terms of free speech, but how this is being treated as acceptable by the mainstream politics.