News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Greece Tips

Started by Queequeg, August 30, 2015, 08:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Queequeg on August 31, 2015, 08:16:49 AM
I'm going to be teaching English in either Turkey or Georgia for a year before I do PhD crap. I'm getting my certificate here beforehand.

Good job. :)
I've travelled a fair bit in Greece. You'd probably like Rhodos, but I wouldn't go there now (the migrant disaster is very much in full play on those islands).
My tip of the week is to do what the Greeks do; eat well, imbibe carefully, smoke cigarettes and just enjoy life.

Queequeg

Oh I actually really enjoyed retsina. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Norgy

A bit too much fir taste for my liking, I seem to recall. Like gnawing on an episode of "Twin Peaks".

mongers

Next time don't borrow so much on the credit cards.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2015, 03:28:21 AM
Oh I actually really enjoyed retsina.

The good news is that you will never have to spend much money on wine.  :D

Archy

Does Greece tip generous? Or is it a bad tipper?

;)

Razgovory

The tips of Greece are called, "peninsulas".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017