News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Charles attacked and took Marseilles.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Played Royal Marriage to move Spain from Pact to Aid. grumbler's up.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Habs does get a chance to reverse it though - he can spend a + card and something else to immediately move them back into Pact status.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

What happens to the french in spain and the spanish in france?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on April 04, 2009, 01:55:15 AM
What happens to the french in spain and the spanish in france?
Unless Habs reverses the play, they regroup.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

I am, indeed, reversing the play...for 9 CPs.   :cry:

Oh, well.  At least I don't have to worry about Britain this turn.

Turkey's impulse coming shortly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Turkey played Malet's Conspiracy, stealing a card from France and also earning themselves another draw from the deck.  They'll be especially active this turn, it seems...

Spain, meanwhile, shored up the coastal garrison at Barcelona.

Sweden's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Moore has elected to ignore the damn Irish for the moment, and instead has landed on the Continent, siezing Antwerp, Picardy, and Brussels.

This should help to take some pressure off of Austria.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Austria greatly appreciates Moore creating a second front!

We place flags in Venice, Dalmatia, then move John to Zagreb to collect some guys and move them back to Dalmatia skillfully avoiding Davout's interception attempt. Finally, Ferdinand travels back to Vienna and joins the Russian hordes there, telling them they're up.

Viking

Viking

Russia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Operations

#89: 5 / Persian War

Message from Russia:
1/5 Bagration and 6CU from Mazovia move to Vienna and form an army group Under Kutuzov with Benningsen

Kutuzov Supported by Bagration and Benningsen with 16CU

4/5 Army Group Kutuzov Moves to Linz.

Lannes may attempt to evade and Davoudt may attempt to intercept.

I await the results of any attempted evasions/interceptions (if any) before playing any cards.

Surrender monkeys get to try to evade or call for help..

Viking

Horde hehe Horde hehe...

This turn is turning out bad for France.

BTW, if Prussia wants compensation for Warsaw grumbler can take it from France.

Delirium

Quote from: Viking on April 06, 2009, 03:28:55 AM
Surrender monkeys

:bleeding:

Could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze stop using that expression?