News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 26, 2015, 05:55:14 PM
There are a number of communities along the coast that are near ocean mammal populations.  That poses no problems with Orca because they are smart enough not to attack a human by mistake.  But not so much with sharks.

You're in the water--the shark's natural habitat, not ours--it's not the shark that's dumb. 

Now, when they start jumping out of the water and start curb-stomping motherfuckers in Tacoma like tweaked-out octopi, then we can discuss the where the shark falls within the aquatic threat matrix.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2015, 06:02:24 PM
There are a number of communities along the coast that are near ocean mammal populations.  That poses no problems with Orca because they are smart enough not to attack a human by mistake.  But not so much with sharks.

You're in the water--the shark's natural habitat, not ours--it's not the shark that's dumb. 

Actually the point it is Orca habitat, and they are smart, so everything is fine.

Ideologue

And this is just one of the reasons that Duel is a better movie than Jaws.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

As some posters pointed out to me some time ago, shark attacks on humans are incredibly rare. It would be a shame to forego the fun times to be had swimming in the ocean on that account.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Neither are car accidents.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

You'd probably be really ripped if you did, though.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Reading the today's Economist piece on internet and smartphones - if an app like Grindr can get a mention, it really shows the times have changed.

Syt

Is there an easy way of figuring out the population within the M25 motorway for the last twelve years? That means for boroughs that are partially outside the M25, only the people within should be counted.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

And now for something completely different.

I've learned that the Danish word for mullet is "Bundesligahår", or hair cut of the German Bundesliga. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

The correct term would be "bundesligagarn". :contract:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2015, 03:31:53 PM
And now for something completely different.

I've learned that the Danish word for mullet is "Bundesligahår", or hair cut of the German Bundesliga. :lol:

I don't know when the term "mullet" came into being, but back in the day we used to call the "business up front, party in the back" look Hockey Hair.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.