And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 23, 2011, 03:56:36 PM
Yeah, then he posted bail and left his girl in jail.  :lol:

The $10g was "bond", and $2500 was "bail".

I bet CdM could explain to us the qualitative difference in the two...but I think that means the dude borrowed 10 grand from a bondsman (at 4x the risk) to get out, and the dudette has not.

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on June 23, 2011, 04:29:42 PM
Wife got me to watch "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" on the freakshow channel, er-- TLC.  Holy hell, I thought *our* white trash was bad.  The show tries to pose them as victims of discrimination & whatnot.  From what I'm seeing they deserve everything they get and more.

Antiziganist.

Besides, they never play that shit up for the cameras.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 23, 2011, 07:39:40 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 23, 2011, 03:56:36 PM
Yeah, then he posted bail and left his girl in jail.  :lol:

The $10g was "bond", and $2500 was "bail".

I bet CdM could explain to us the qualitative difference in the two...but I think that means the dude borrowed 10 grand from a bondsman (at 4x the risk) to get out, and the dudette has not.

Yeah, he'd have had to pay $1,000 to the bondsman who posted the $10K for him, and she's probably looking at a straight up $2500 cash only bail;  which makes him the greater risk, but her the tougher to get out.  Must've smiled at the judge wrong.

Ideologue

25 hour a week judicial clerkship at JSP 11?  I think I just found my dream job.  Well, it'd be more of a dream job if I 1)get it and 2)get admitted to the bar and advance to JSP 13, which pays well enough for me to purchase those sexbots that are right around the corner, and gives me all the time I'd need to use them.

Except it's in Colorado.  I have no strong feelings toward that state.  I initially thought it might be in the 9th Circuit, which would at least evoke some positive emotion, but it is not.  All I know about CO I learned from South Park when that show was still passable as entertainment.

I probably won't get it because it's a pretty plum deal for the lazy law graduate, but it sure would beat being some lame-ass legal assistant in an SSA office in a suburb of Los Angeles where I am unlikely to be accepted in the dominant ethnic group despite my Anglicized Castillian name.

Also, the Department of Labor requires you to upload a copy of your transcript (why do you need my undergrad transcript, idiots? you think USC Law didn't check? hell, even if they didn't and I never went to college, there's a decent argument that, honesty issues aside, it's not actually relevant since I still would have completed the coursework for a real J.D.) but their uploading apparatus is broken and only saves one document.  I strongly get the feeling I just wasted 45 minutes of my time, but I decided that if I had to choose a single document, the "unofficial law school transcript" was the best option.  That would be a cool job, too.  Portland.  I do have strong feelings about Portland.  Also, I could see what kind of weenie shit fahdiz has been up to.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Either Portland or Colorado (I am assuming the Denver area), wouldn't be too bad.

I would take Portland myself though.

(Ide's new sugar-fix hangout....  http://voodoodoughnut.com )

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 23, 2011, 11:24:57 PM
Either Portland or Colorado (I am assuming the Denver area), wouldn't be too bad.

I would take Portland myself though.

(Ide's new sugar-fix hangout....  http://voodoodoughnut.com )

I also understand there is a Waffle Window where you can buy waffles and then you walk around eat them with your hands or something.  The details aren't very clear.

QuoteThe Spicy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Waffle

Thick cut peppered bacon, diced jalapenos and a slice of Tillamook Cheddar topped with our fresh made avocado-tomatillo salsa.

Holy crap,  I bet that would be good (without the bacon).
Kinemalogue

Tonitrus

Dammit, that's now three food places in the Portland area I need to hit on the way south...including "http://burgerville.com"

Tonitrus

WTF.  Only getting 12-13 mb/s transfer speed on USB 2?  (while trying to back up 460gb of stuff)

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 23, 2011, 11:37:28 PM
Dammit, that's now three food places in the Portland area I need to hit on the way south...including "http://burgerville.com"

QuoteSpicy Anasazi Bean Burger

Neat.  But will it eat me before I eat it? :hmm:
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Went to the U2 concert last night.  Not their biggest fan by any means, but you don't miss that kind of show if you have the opportunity to catch them.  What a production.

Josquius

Colorado is alright isn't it?
Some pretty big cities there, its not one of the empty states at least.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 24, 2011, 02:13:14 AM
Colorado is alright isn't it?
Some pretty big cities there, its not one of the empty states at least.
Only one big city.
Denver has 600k, with a metro of 2.5 mil.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

^It's just that no one ever talks about Colorado.  The last time I read anything about Colorado it's because my namesake shot himself in the face.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2011, 01:00:45 AM
Went to the U2 concert last night.  Not their biggest fan by any means, but you don't miss that kind of show if you have the opportunity to catch them.  What a production.

I'd like to see Turn Off the Dark, too, but that's mainly for the possibility that someone would die.
Kinemalogue

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son