News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Anyone wnat to guess this one? :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Just had one of an old-timey looking American football player. I'm sure that an American would have instantly guessed the approximate era by the kind of gear the guy is wearing, but I had no clue at all.  :lol:

Turned out it was from the mid 50s, while I though it was from the interwar period.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2023, 09:04:43 AMAnyone wnat to guess this one? :P

I get that one in 50% of my runs.  I think something broke in loading the image, rather than having a bad image in their DB.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2023, 09:04:43 AMAnyone wnat to guess this one? :P

Just had one near the end of a very good run, really frustrating.

Tamas

Josquius

Seems I might be losing my tax free childcare because my partner hasn't been earning enough :blink: :bleeding:
Number 9245 on the UK is messed up.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

If anyone is still looking for a family car for the cyberpunk urban hellscape and/or post-apocalyptic wasteland:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

You can configure your car here: https://configure.rezvanimotors.com/configure/vengeance

For 62k extra you can get a security upgrade that includes pepper spray dispensers, electrified door handles, gas masks, and EMP protection :w00t:
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Perfect for a Sunday ride through a south American city.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on January 24, 2023, 02:05:17 PMPerfect for a Sunday ride through a south American city.

Atlanta? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on January 24, 2023, 11:54:44 AMSeems I might be losing my tax free childcare because my partner hasn't been earning enough :blink: :bleeding:

How so? What's needed to qualify for it?

In any case, tax free childcare doesn't sound too snazzy.

HVC

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2023, 02:07:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 24, 2023, 02:05:17 PMPerfect for a Sunday ride through a south American city.

Atlanta? :unsure:

I was thinking more like Rio, but there are some american cities where I'd also recommend the car :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2023, 01:57:22 PMIf anyone is still looking for a family car for the cyberpunk urban hellscape and/or post-apocalyptic wasteland:

The SUV of choice for the drug kingpin with taste.

Edit: I wonder what's its fuel efficiency.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on January 24, 2023, 02:15:42 PM
Quote from: Josquius on January 24, 2023, 11:54:44 AMSeems I might be losing my tax free childcare because my partner hasn't been earning enough :blink: :bleeding:

Not the end of the world. But getting 100 of every 500 spent covered was nice.

Oddly for a benefit there's a minimum income threshold for each parent.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on January 24, 2023, 05:56:39 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 24, 2023, 02:15:42 PM

Not the end of the world. But getting 100 of every 500 spent covered was nice.

Oddly for a benefit there's a minimum income threshold for each parent.

Don't quote me on that, but I think that over here all education expenses are tax free.

The minimum income threshold sounds strange... what's the rationale for that?