And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 16, 2022, 12:13:52 PM
Nick Clegg <_< :ultra:
QuoteBREAKING: Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has promoted his top policy executive, Nick Clegg, to an even greater role inside the company with the new title of President for Global Affairs

Such a disappointment  :mad:

Sheilbh

Apparently he's basically going to be one of the top three, which is how Zuckerberg described it: Zuckerberg for product, Sandberg for business, Clegg for policy.

Slightly crazy that from the 2010 coalition Clegg is arguably becoming one of the most powerful people in the world. Also interesting how Osborne and Clegg have absolutely minted it and been pretty successful since leaving office (Osborne through traditional London/establishment style roles - Clegg more interestingly), while Cameron's basically been beset by scandals and not very successful at selling his wares :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

If Facebook are the lib dems just who is the far more unsavory element they're going into coalition with?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I felt that there was insufficient videos of bats eating bananas on the OTT.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8zhnXZdTFM   So here

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 16, 2022, 12:54:35 PM
Apparently he's basically going to be one of the top three, which is how Zuckerberg described it: Zuckerberg for product, Sandberg for business, Clegg for policy.

Slightly crazy that from the 2010 coalition Clegg is arguably becoming one of the most powerful people in the world. Also interesting how Osborne and Clegg have absolutely minted it and been pretty successful since leaving office (Osborne through traditional London/establishment style roles - Clegg more interestingly), while Cameron's basically been beset by scandals and not very successful at selling his wares :lol:

I imagine Cameron in his shepherd's hut, only let into the main house on rare occasions, dreaming of things that might have been.

crazy canuck

A video conference meeting was scheduled for 5:30pm tonight - I thought that was a bit weird but ok, and just noticed it is UTC.  Which is in a little over an hour from now  - 9:30am local. 

First time I have seen that - is UTC a thing where you are?

Jacob

Man, I'm out of the loop... I didn't realize Greenwich Mean Time had been renamed to UTC until just now.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2022, 11:27:32 AM
Been for a while now.

Apparently since before I was born  :lol:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

eh. The perils of 21st century policing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on February 17, 2022, 11:23:38 AM
Man, I'm out of the loop... I didn't realize Greenwich Mean Time had been renamed to UTC until just now.

I think there's a technical reason why GMT still exists, even though it means the same as UTC. Might have something to do with who decides when to add 'leap seconds' etc or maybe incase the UK authorities decide to change GMT?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Odd to set a meeting in a meeting 8 time zones away by UTC though.  Normally its done on Pacific or Eastern time depending on how you are talking to.

Never had someone in North America set it to UTC.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2022, 02:41:31 PM
Odd to set a meeting in a meeting 8 time zones away by UTC though.  Normally its done on Pacific or Eastern time depending on how you are talking to.

Never had someone in North America set it to UTC.

Probably a fuckup.

Eddie Teach

GMT is good enough for me. Like American Indians and the Ukraine. Pluto is a planet!  :mad:  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?